At AO, WE are better together.
In addition to competitive pay and benefits, flexible work schedules, and Work From Home options, AO offers an absolute one-of-a-kind culture with collaborative workspaces and driven coworkers. AO welcomes creativity, learning, and lasting relationships. Everything we do is motivated by what it takes to be effective and successful for our clients. We value service, our people, a roll-up-your-sleeves attitude, and continuous improvement. If you are young in your career, grow with us. If experienced, get better with us. There is no one like you, and there is no place like AO.
We offer all the benefits of a big firm, with all the human connections of a small one. You will never be a number at AO. Join our community.
A partial list of benefits:
- Full Suite of Medical, Dental, Life & Supplemental Insurance
- Ongoing Education and Exam Reimbursement
- Most Medical Plans fully paid for employee-only coverage
- Company Paid Basic Life Insurance & Long Term Disability
- Retirement Plans, Health Savings, and Flexible Spending Accounts
- Overtime Compensation for Hourly Employees
- Paid Vacation, Holidays and Sick Time
- Flexible Schedule
- Rail Station one block from campus
- Free parking
Summary: AO is seeking a candidate with a solid background as a Project Manager with experience in Multifamily such as scheduling, budgeting, resource project tracking, consultant coordination, CA skills- Bidding, RFI, Substitution, weekly progress documentation, and project closeout. If possible, core competency with CAC code, basic ACAD, and Revit skills. Client communication experience is a must. Possesses the ability to organize & maintain project documentation. Experienced with ASIs, Bulletins, and Change Order processes. Has technical knowledge & organizational experience + understanding of how to put together A&E dwgs. and specs. Consultant coordination experience for highly technical projects is desirable (Cat. 4/ IO -critical facilities experience).
- Responsible for the coordination, planning, and actions of AO staff and consultants, during the project design, design development, construction document preparation, and construction phases of moderately complex to relatively simple, small-scale, and not technically demanding projects undertaken by AO.
- Responsible for representing Architects Orange at project-related client meetings, team meetings, and construction meetings during the project.
- Responsible for determining or assisting other senior staff in determining project fees, developing contracts, client interaction, organization, and collections during the project process.
Project Design Coordination
- Based upon prior design work prepared by other AO design staff, organize, and understand the project’s design intent, needs and requirements, and overall project objectives.
- Based upon this information, using architectural skills and experience, coordinate the interaction of the project team’s technical and design staff to further develop the project design and transition the project documents from design concepts and level of completion to thoroughly developed and completed project documents meeting the contractual and client expectations. This process typically includes the origination of architectural solutions to create detailed site plans, floor plans, building elevations, section details, schedules, and all other aspects of the creative process of developing a unique building based upon client needs, desires, and direction.
Project Technical Drawing Preparation and Coordination
- During the design development and construction document preparation processes, coordinate and direct the work of other AO staff, consultants, and other engineers under the client’s contract to prepare and coordinate accurate and complete contract drawings, documents, and specifications that allow the project to obtain building permits from the required administrative agencies.
- During this phase of work, project managers must exercise independent judgment and decision-making based on their technical expertise and experience to meet the client’s project needs and expectations.
- Project Managers are expected to exercise judgment based on their experience to plan and execute a project’s scope and phases of work within the hours and dollars budgeted during prior contract negotiation. Other senior staff may prepare these initial contracts with or without the Manager’s input.
- During the project’s duration, if the client requests additional services beyond the original scope, the Project Manager is expected to identify these requests, coordinate, and assist senior staff with preparing the client’s other services requests.
- When necessary, personally prepare and draw the project deliverables to complete the project’s design development and construction documents.
Project Construction Administration
- During the project’s construction phase, the Project Manager shall prepare and attend to project-related needs in the Bidding and Construction phases of the project.
- Attend project team meetings on the construction site as necessary to direct, ensure, and coordinate the project’s construction in conformance with industry standards, the requirements of the project drawings, and the client’s expectations.
- Process or have processed under their direct supervision contractor shop drawings, requests for information, change orders, extra services, requests for information, progress billings, and job site reviews during construction on the project.
- Prepare the project’s completion punch list and the project certificate of substantial completion.
- Review the project’s as-built drawings and coordinate these drawings and documentation with the client.
- Provide suggestions, recommendations, and input on employee performance reviews and hiring/firing practices within the team for inclusion in employee performance appraisals.
- Attend periodic team-wide project scheduling meetings to present project staff needs, determine staff availability, and schedule staff resources to meet individual project needs.
Project / Team Financial Management
- Assist other senior staff in developing project budgets and financial goals.
- Monitor and direct project team staff on meeting project performance goals, hours estimates, extra services identification, requests, and collections activities on a project-specific basis.
- Assist senior staff when requested in processing project billing drafts and invoice reviews.