Small Design/build firm in Los Angeles specializing in Hospitality Projects primarily with some Residential projects. Seeks a hospitality experienced diligent & focused Job Captain to work in studio full-time. The ideal candidate will possess experience and passion in developing working and construction documents for multiple architectural project types. Candidate will be responsible for the development and revision of drawings from design development to construction document phases, working closely with a project manager and the firm’s principle. This position requires the following:
Pre-Design – Work with principal for all technical design aspects of an assigned project including investigation, evaluation, and recommendation of design solutions that best addresses the challenge and/or meets the client’s needs.
Contract Documents – Work with Studio Director to produce CD set or may work individually depending on experience. Have a strong handle on advanced technical solutions/detailing.
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in Construction Documents (preferably commercial / hospitality / residential) or related field.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD (2009–latest suite) and Adobe Acrobat
- Ability to develop concise construction documents to a very high level of detail (new construction & renovation)
- Proficiency with graphics software (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator) and MS Office Suite
- Clear & professional verbal & written communication skills
- Ability to independently coordinate consultants, fabricators, vendors and regulatory agencies to meet overall project objectives. Report progress to Studio Director and Principal
- Adept at multitasking and managing changing priorities
- Must be a motivated self-starter with the ability to problem solve both individually and as part of a project team
- Ability to translate hand sketches into CAD drawings in a timely fashion
- Produce graphic presentations, 3D renderings, and presentation drawings as project requires not required but are a plus.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work on multiple or fast paced projects
For consideration, please provide a cover letter stating your interest and required compensation, resumé, and portfolio of work samples in PDF format (no more than 6MB). In your resumé, please indicate project types and your role and responsibilities on those projects (e.g. drafting, redlines, coordination, etc.).
Please include the following in your work samples portfolio:
Architectural Construction Documents & Design Renders.
Please submit resume and work samples to email@example.com