MSA has been practicing architecture and design since 1976. We have an extensive history of creating inspiring, purpose-driven spaces and experiences. We value innovation, function, and excellent client relationships so much that they have become the hallmarks of our firm. Our services span retail, workplace interiors, hospitality, and specialty projects.
MSA is looking for a full-time Architectural Job Captain to work on various design projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. Our candidate will be a solutions-oriented professional, working with architects and designers to lead the documentation process and project documents.
- Provide project team coordination and supervision for the finished plans, specifications, and material selections required for construction.
- Prepare and ensure accurate technical documents.
- Knowledge of architectural drawing production: design, construction documents, as-builts, space planning, block planning, plotting, etc.
- Work with consultants, contractors, fabricators, specification writers, and regulatory agencies to meet project objectives.
- Responsible for project-level verbal and written client communication.
- Coordination and communication with the team and engineer consultants are essential.
- Can exercise sound independent judgment in performing duties.
- Keen understanding of the process required to document for the Planning and Bldg. Departments.
- Minimum of 3-8 years experience in retail, hospitality, workplace, or specialty interior projects with
- experience leading teams.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited school of architecture.
- Licensed architect highly preferred, working toward NCARB/Architectural registration
- Full knowledge of architectural principles, practices, building codes, and structures.
- Excellent communication and management skills
- Readily resolve complex technical issues.
- Proactively resolves issues and provides guidance to teams.
- Advanced Revit and AutoCAD skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Windows environments.
- 3D modeling and Adobe Creative Suite experience are beneficial.
- A detail-oriented and organized approach to work.
- A strong sense of urgency and ability to work with deadlines.
- Proven track record of success in maintaining and growing client relationships.
- Ability to adapt to changing needs and priorities of fast-track projects.
- Reliable, responsible, and able to communicate well with colleagues, consultants, and clients.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively. Proactive and self-motivated.
Compensation is based on relevant experience and qualifications. The salary for this role is estimated between $60,000 to $110,000 plus benefits and performance-based bonuses.
MSA Architecture & Design offers competitive benefits for full-time employees, including:
- Benefit options for medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Hybrid flexibility, 10 -12 paid holidays, and vacation time
- Employer matching 401(k) program