Grimshaw is a global architecture and design studio of ideas and invention, driven by a desire to connect people to each other and the world around us. We recognize the urgency of the challenges that face our planet, and our duty to deliver architecture and design best suited for a flourishing future. Our studios are founded on analysis and exploration. We relish the challenges inherent across a wide range of work, engaging our expertise and agility to deliver lasting, meaningful design that brings value and joy to clients and users. At Grimshaw, we encourage creativity, collaboration and innovation. We want our peopleto be fulfilled by their time with us as we know the key to our continuing success is working with and engaging the most talented people we can find.
Architectural interns will join our creative studio environment for a full-time, paid internship opportunity starting June 12 through August 18, 2023. Interns will be paid $9,500 for the duration of the 10-week internship. This position is located at the Grimshaw New York studio. All submissions must include a resume, portfolio with current work samples, as well a list of three academic or professional references. The application will close by April 9. Applicants will be notified of the company’s selection decision by May 15.
- Assist the project team during the design phases with design development, precedent research and graphic production.
- Exhibit a strong understanding of the design philosophy of projects and relating assigned tasks to that philosophy.
- Contribute to the preparation of design and construction documents and solutions to general architectural problems.
- Work with project team members to coordinate details and dimensions while being watchful of quality issues and demonstrating attention to detail.
- Contribute to office activities, initiatives, and learning programs.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate or architectural degree program. Must have at least three years of undergraduate experience completed by June 2023.
- Knowledge of 3D modeling using Rhinoceros/Grasshopper
- Ability to create presentation graphics in Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office
- Demonstrate proficiency in graphic presentation, physical model building and an ability to communicate ideas efficiently through hand sketching a plus
- Demonstrate enthusiasm for architecture with a strong attention to detail
- Ability to use digital tools to develop compelling and functional architectural solutions to complex design problems
- The ability to work both independently in a self-directed manner as well as collaboratively within a project team is a must
- Must be authorized to work in the United States for the duration of the program.
Grimshaw is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, gender identity, marital status, familial status, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our colleagues.
Apply on our Careers Page.