[au]workshop architects+urbanists located in Fort Collins, Colorado, is seeking a well-rounded architectural intern or recently licensed designer to create awesome buildings with us. This position includes completing directed architectural assignments on large and small-scale urban projects. We offer competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefit package and the opportunity to live and work in downtown Fort Collins, consistently rated one of the best towns in the US. Visit our website at: www.auworkshop.co to learn more about us.
- Perform site analysis, including survey of existing conditions and field measurements
- Working from the design and direction of others, compile data, and perform elementary design computations.
- Understand fundamentals of basic architectural and engineering systems
- Prepare detailed scale drawings of architectural designs and plans
- Create preliminary concepts and drawings and modify them as directed by the responsible architect to produce final plans.
- Display working knowledge of building codes and other regulatory requirements
- Perform graphics and computer tasks according to company standards
- Develop detail sketches generated by project leaders
- Research manufacturers’ materials and systems
- Develop and produce parts of the Construction Documents;
- Coordinate with consultants, such as model builders and engineers
- Provide support to other architects, interior designers, planners
- Perform duties assigned using a wide range of professional software products such as Revit, 3DS Max, Sketch Up, Enscape3D, Adobe Suite, etc.
- Physical model making skills a plus
- BS/BA Degree in Architecture (MArch preferred) no earlier than 2017
- 0-4 years of experience
- Licensure in process (AXP) or recently completed
- Ability to prepare hand and computer sketches and renderings
- Able to effectively work in a team oriented environment and communicate with the design team
- Large-scale international commercial project experience a plus
- Willingness to work in-office full-time (not remotely)
Submit resume AND portfolio to “email@example.com” Submissions not matching the qualifications listed above and/or without portfolio or link to same will not be considered.