Employment with TERROIR as an Architectural Graduate Specialising in Visualisation.
Role Overview: The Architectural Graduate specialising in Visualisation position will be responsible for communication of a project’s visual representation for presentation and marketing purposes, primarily working with 3D visualisation applications.
Reporting to: Directors, Project Leaders
Salary: Commensurate with experience and in line with the relevant awards, where applicable
Hours: (Full time, 38 hours per week)
Qualifications: Masters degree in Architecture or similar, advanced degree (Masters or equivalent) in visualisations.
About TERROIR: TERROIR was established as an architectural practice focused on how the multiple qualities of any specific place might inform each project. Over twenty years it has stabilised as a micro-international practice with offices in Hobart, Sydney and Copenhagen working as a single team.
Our ‘place-first’ approach has led to an international reputation for work in sensitive and/or significant contexts. This spans from buildings to masterplans, urban strategy and other advisory work. We only work on projects that we genuinely believe can contribute to positive outcomes for the environment, culture, people, and place. For this reason, our client list is dominated by Government and Council agencies with a public-benefit remit.
Project work is supported by writing, teaching, exhibitions, and lectures and which are understood as critical platforms in the development of the ongoing TERROIR project
Culture and Conditions
- TERROIR prides itself on a collegiate approach to its workplace. We are fortunate to have an exceptionally talented group of staff who are at the same time focused on maintaining a culture that is supportive, collaborative, and responsive to individual needs.
- To achieve the above, the need to provide flexibility and support is embedded in all key work practices and policies, many of which, such as our Parental Leave Policy, exceed industry standards.
Training and Teaching
- TERROIR management recognises the importance of staff development and training as an important part of the architectural profession. Terroir’s Training and Development Package assists staff members with a training allocation. TERROIR also supports staff who wish to teach or engage in related activities.
Skills, Experience, Responsibilities and Performance
- 3+ years post-graduation experience in visualisation production.Expertise in 3D Studio Max, VRay, Corona, Rhinoceros, and related software (e.g., Illustrator, Indesign, After Effects, AutoCAD, Photoshop etc.). Experience with animation will be highly regarded.
- An understanding and ability to interpret architectural information, landscape schedules, survey data and other technical information.
- Ability to adapt to fast-paced work environment.Be able to produce high quality architectural renders in a set timeframe.
- Excellent eye for detail, colour, light, composition, photorealism, and photo-matching.
- Ability to interpret a brief accurately and work with high levels of technical proficiency.
- Ability to work under limited supervision and consistently produce high quality images as well as communicate effectively within a team.
- Have a solid experience and understanding of different light conditions, landscapes material creation, and context.
- Your key responsibilities will be collaborating with the Directors and Project Leaders on visualisation projects with fixed delivery dates.
- Capability and/or interest in promoting your skills within the practice, collaborating with your peers.Involvement in internal TERROIR culture building
- All performance assessment is measured based on contribution to design excellence. Specifically, design excellence in this context refers to the TERROIR project as described in over 20 years of work, writing and publications.