Float Studio is a rapidly growing firm with a focus on creating spaces for start-ups, tech companies, and other creative agencies.
Role: Freelance Architectural Draftsperson with BIM Capabilities. The CAD Operator will perform assignments under the direct supervision of the Senior Designer and Design Partners or Project Managers. Assisting in project development from start to finish. Includes preparation of construction documents, coordinating with clients, consultants (including MEP, Lighting and Acoustic,) and other vendors as needed. Construction administration and its related duties may also be required. Knowledge of construction details and building systems is strongly encouraged.
- 1-3 years of professional experience
- BA or MA from accredited architecture program
- Comprehensive knowledge architectural drawing standards
- Familiarity with Vectorworks, 3D rendering programs, and BIM software
- Experience with site surveys and development of existing conditions
- Ability to stay organized between multiple projects
- Effective communicator between managers, clients, consultants and vendors
- Self motivated
- Comfortable working with drawing redlines
- Ability to work within short deadlines
- Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. without visa sponsorship at this time
This position is temporary full-time with the possibility of becoming full-time staff at the end of the project.
This position is hourly and the pay rate will be commensurate with your experience. Please send your cover letter with your desired hourly rate, work samples, and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Architectural Draftsperson” as the subject line. Those who do not include all of the requested components will not be considered.