S M Tam Architect, PLLC is a boutique architecture firm with an extensive, diverse portfolio of projects across residential, commercial, hospitality, and community facilities. We are seeking an Architectural Drafter at our office in Brooklyn, New York.
As an Architectural Drafter, you will work in project teams to create construction documents and submit project plans and documents with the NYC Department of Buildings and other government agencies. The ideal candidate will have at least 1 year of architectural experience working on residential or commercial projects, with proficiency with AutoCAD and 3D software. Recent graduates are welcome to apply.
We offer mentorship by the Founder of the company who has over 25 years’ experience building an organization with a portfolio of several thousand projects and providing professional skill and career development opportunities through involvement across a wide range of projects, including single- and multi-family houses, condominium buildings, hotels and restaurants, corporate offices, medical facilities, and houses of worship.
- Translate initial design concept into 3D renderings for client presentations
- Create construction documents
- Prepare documents for filing with the NYC Department of Buildings and other government agencies
- Conduct site visits for field measurements or verification
- Participate in client meetings
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture
- 1-2 years of related architectural experience
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and 3D software
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with ability to work on multiple concurrent projects
- Strong work ethic, self-motivated, and a positive attitude
- Bilingual in Chinese/English (a plus)
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- Salary is commensurate with experience
- Paid time off, including vacation days and holidays
- Health insurance (optional) with employer contribution
TO APPLY: Please email your cover letter, resume and portfolio to email@example.com and include the subject line ‘Architectural Drafter’ in your email.