About Cedar Street Creative:
Cedar Street Creative is a full-service design & development partner for ambitious food and hospitality brands. Our team of designers, project managers, real estate and operations professionals executes our clients’ vision from daydream to ribbon cutting (and beyond). We are based in New York City, but our projects are nationwide. Our guiding principles center around quality, ownership/accountability and collaboration.
About the Role:
The Drafter/Junior Designer will provide support to the Project Architect and Design Team by assisting in the production of drawing sets, assembly finish schedules, millwork packages and conducting site surveys. They will assist the entire Design Team to produce a comprehensive drawing set and design package for each project that meets our high production standards.
The Drafter/Junior Designer will work directly with the Project Architect on the production of design and construction documents for all phases including surveying, architectural design, details and assembling construction, filing and as built documents. Occasionally, they will conduct field visits to project sites to ensure that construction and installation details meet the rigorous standards of the design.
This ideal candidate has an undergraduate and/or graduate degree in architecture, with 1-3 years of experience working on retail, hospitality and other commercial projects. They will be highly proficient in Revit, AutoCAD, Rhino and Adobe Creative Suite. Familiarity with commercial kitchens is a plus.
The ideal candidate has a team-oriented attitude, a willingness to get their hands dirty and get the job done, and an ability to work within a wide variety of project types, budgets, and schedules. They will be comfortable and effective when communicating with a diverse group of stakeholders, with a customer service-oriented attitude when speaking with clients.
- Assist Project Architect with Construction Document Sets (Revit)
- Generate Revit models and/or AutoCAD plans of existing conditions
- Coordinate with Design Team for CD Set Schedules
- Finish, lighting, hardware & plumbing selections and specifications
- Assist with millwork packages
- Finish boards, material boxes and final specification binders
- Maintain consistent organization of material library, project folders and binders
- Liaise with vendors and suppliers to confirm availability and costs of finishes
- Undergraduate and/or graduate degree in architecture
- Exceptional organization and attention to detail.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills to a wide number of stakeholders, and the ability to adapt the message accordingly.
- A proactive and resilient approach.
- Solutions-focused attitude and a strong sense of ownership and responsibility for project outcomes.
- Experience in Restaurant or Food Service documents preferred.
- Strong design background with good problem-solving and research skills.
- Familiarity with building materials, components, and systems.
- Advanced proficiency in Revit, Rhino, AutoCAD, Enscape and Adobe Creative Suite.
This is a full-time salaried position requiring 40+ hours per week of work. Our office is located in Manhattan, all employees will be expected to work from the office regularly. Remote work is flexible on a case by case situation. Travel to project locations may occasionally be required.
Cedar Street Creative Benefits:
Cedar Street Creative offers a competitive benefits package, including medical, vision and dental insurance for full-time employees, 401(k) plans, a flexible work schedule and a generous PTO policy.
Cedar Street Creative is an equal opportunity employer. Cedar Street Creative will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on any basis including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, military and/or veteran status, marital status, predisposing genetic characteristics and genetic information, or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws.
Please send a resume and work samples to email@example.com