Matt Peterson Studio is an architectural and interior design office primarily focused on luxury custom residences. Our work is highly detailed and tailored, with a warm and modern feel. We are interested in materials, the touch and feel of things, and in the richness that texture and layering can bring to a project. We believe that the best buildings are experienced as a delicately crafted sequence of visceral moments that are designed to be dynamically engaging, and we spend a lot of time exploring light, space and considering how a building or interior might feel over time. We carefully craft and refine our work through hand sketching, digital modeling and testing our ideas in virtual reality. We have an engaging and collaborative approach to design; within the office itself, with our clients, our interior designer friends, landscape designers, and makers.
We are currently searching for a talented Architectural Designer / Project Manager to join our growing team. We offer a thoughtful and drama free, fun, and casual work environment and the opportunity to join a fast-growing company at the ground level.
- Bachelor/Master’s Degree in Architecture
- A minimum of 4 years of professional experience in architecture
- Exceptional design sensibility, talent, and a drive to constantly learn, improve and contribute to the evolution of a young rising office
- Previous experience through all phases of design, concept design through construction administration and experience putting a drawing set together is preferred
- A high degree of self-motivation, flexibility, and resourcefulness
- Experience collaborating with a range of peers and consultants and the ability to demonstrate strong organizational and project management skills
- Enjoy being a part of a creatively motivated team and have a desire to make teammates feel understood, appreciated, and included
- Be professional, engaging, and able to interface with clients
- Familiarity with permitting, residential building code and zoning code regulations in the Los Angeles region is preferred
- In depth experience with Revit, Rhino and Adobe CS
- Have a positive, optimistic, can-do attitude!
Please email a cover letter, resume and portfolio to: email@example.com
Candidates must have legal work status in the United States. Samples of our work will be available to qualified candidates.