Shigeru Ban Architects is a critically acclaimed global practice with offices based in Tokyo, Paris, and New York. We are seeking to fill positions in our New York Office.
To support our schedule, qualified candidates must be available for interviews in New York City (interviews may be via video conference). We intend to hire by May – June 2023.
We seek a Junior Architectural Designer / Marketing Coordinator with a professional architect degree (B. Arch or M. Arch) with 2 to 5 years continuous work experience in a professional architecture practice including experience supporting Marketing, PR, and Business Development. Work experience in the United States is required for this position.
Candidates must have exceptional design and presentation skills. We work with physical as well as digital models.
Applicants shall have experience:
- Modeling and rendering design concepts.
- Organizing sets of presentation documents
- Producing construction documents including plans, sections and details
- Detailing innovative conditions
- Working collaboratively with small fast-paced teams
- Working on projects that have been built (preferred)
- Managing time independently to meet deadlines
Marketing Experience and related Requirements:
- Assisting with the production of Marketing Materials
- Contributing to Business Development Workflow
- Working with architects and marketing staff to complete responses to Requests for Proposals or Qualifications.
Additional general working requirements:
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Fluent or Business Level English Language proficiency.
- Valid United States work permit.
- Bachelor or Master degree in Architecture.
- Software Proficiency Requirements: Rhino modeling, AutoCAD and Adobe Creative Suite proficiency are required. Rendering skills (V-Ray, Lumion or Enscape) are strongly recommended. Revit experience is a plus.
For consideration, please submit applications via Archinect’s online job application center. Include letter, resume, work samples, and 2-3 references or letters of reference.
Please include salary requirements and availability. Applications without discussion of salary requirements will not be reviewed.
Please respond only if you meet the above requirements and all requested information is provided. Please do not e-mail or call the office as we are unable to respond to inquiries due to the number of applications received.