Populous is a very unique practice with a focus on design experiences.
We design the places where people love to be together. This is our singular purpose.
We use the power of design to transform neighborhoods, revitalize cities, build relationships and connect people to being part of something bigger.
Populous is where architects and designers of all kinds create moments bigger than ourselves. We’re a global specialized design firm with local roots in 9 cities across Americas.
Populous offers the best of both worlds: the resources and impact of the design giants and the tightly-knit atmosphere and growth opportunities of smaller firms.
WHY we design
To amplify the joy in shared moments.
HOW we do it
+ Architecture + Interior Design + Event Design + Landscape Design + Master Planning + Urban Design + Graphic Design + Product Design
WHAT we look for
+ Entrepreneurial spirit + Down to-earth nature + Trendsetting ideas + Unyielding passion + Adaptability + Curiosity + Vision + Energy + Culture enabling
Do you have the following traits?
Goal Oriented: Driven, persistent, tenacious
Optimistic, proactive, confident
Observant & Analytical
Self-starter who thrives in competitive situations
Adept at managing multiple, changing, quick-paced, time-sensitive projects
The preferred candidate will have an interest in working in a dynamic and collaborative global design environment with a diverse range of public assembly building types; including the design of sports venues, convention centers, community buildings and transportation facilities.
We are seeking a passionate, creative, engaged, and technically proficient Architectural Designer II to join us in a dynamic and collaborative design atmosphere. Applicants must possess exceptional design and technical abilities.
- Conceptualization and development of design ideas, generate diagrams, digital models, presentation materials and provide production work for numerous project types.
- Research and development projects.
- Development, modification and review of drawings for sports facilities and other structures according to established standards and technical expertise.
- Coordination of technical drawings with consultants.
- Production of design development and construction documents models and construction details and drawings.
- Preparation of design presentations to clients, communities, and other pertinent stakeholders.
- All other duties and responsibilities as required.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / ABILITIES:
- Proficiency and working knowledge in 3D modeling & rendering in any of the following software applications: Rhino, sketchup, Revit, Vray, Lumion or Enscape, Unreal Engine, Grasshopper & computational design knowledge a plus.
- Proficiency and working knowledge in digital image editing and layout using Adobe suite applications (photoshop, illustrator, indesign). Video editing knowledge a plus Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, required.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively convey information and ideas in a presentation format.
- Ability to express information verbally and in writing in a clear and accurate manner.
- Basic hand drawing and illustration skills.
- Strong communication skills, work ethic; with demonstrated efficiency, flexibility and desire to grow and work within a dynamic team environment while being able to self-manage and work independently.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree (required) in Architecture from an NAAB accredited program, Masters Degree in Architecture (preferred).
- 3 to 6 years professional architectural experience.
- Travel will be required.
- Overtime may be necessary
Populous offers a competitive salary, bonus and benefit packages, including medical, dental and vision coverage, 401k, flexible spending accounts, paid time off and continuing education benefits. Populous is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable Federal, State or Local law.
No. 1 Most Innovative Company in Architecture by Fast Company
One of the 50 most innovative companies in the world for 2022 by Fast Company
No. 1 AEC firm in convention and conference facilities sector by BD+C
No. 19 Architecture Firms of 2021 by Architectural Record
Find us here – https://populous.com/careers