Architectural Designer – Junior Level
Sasaki is moving to downtown Boston! Along with our move, we need more hands-on-deck in our Architecture and Interiors discipline: Our book of business continues to grow rapidly and the caliber of project work demands a full team of talented designers who can take on a whole range of unique architecture and design challenges. At present, Sasaki is working remotely due to COVID, but this position is expected to transition to working from our new downtown Boston office in early 2022.
At Sasaki we purposefully take on challenging work that we see as opportunities to evolve and stretch. As such, we look for teammates who are excited to engage fully from the get-go. Ideas matter tremendously around here and as a Sasaki designer you will be encouraged to have a point of view, to share your thinking often, to push design further, and to develop a comfortable rapport with clients. For a mid-sized firm, we guard our small-firm feel focusing less on hierarchy than on working together to yield the best designs.
The most successful candidates can deliver design excellence, attention to detail, organization and time management skills, and potential to grow into leadership roles over time. Not every designer needs to deliver on all of these attributes at once, but this is the mix of talent we seek. If you think you can add something special to our team and our practice we would love to hear from you.
What you bring:
• Design chops – you’ve got vision, creativity, and skills
• Collaborative spirit – the idea of interdisciplinary teamwork gets you excited
• Opinions – you have them and value sharing them with others
• Passion – you have a healthy dose of ambition for yourself, your team, the work (and the firm you’ll come to love)
• Proactive resourcefulness – you’re energetic and positive about solving problems and take initiative to find a way to ‘yes’
• Growth-orientation – you’re curious and want to find greater ways to impact the world around you
• Humanistic sensibility – you design for people and you generally enjoy working with others
What you’ll do:
• Develop and coordinate detailed design concepts
• Perform production functions: drafting, documentation, and model creation
• Prepare design presentation packages
• Perform assignments including basic plans, elevations, renderings, square foot calculations, materials investigations and understanding where those fall within a project
Experience and Education:
• A Professional Degree in Architecture from an accredited program
• 3+ years of experience
• High level of proficiency in:
o Communication and Presentation: Adobe and Microsoft suites, rendering, physical model making
o Documentation: Revit and AutoCAD
o Design: Rhino, SketchUp, Grasshopper, etc.
• LEED AP preferred
Please apply through Sasaki’s career page: https://www.sasaki.com/careers