BKV Group is a national, multi-disciplinary architecture and engineering firm devoted to designing spaces and buildings that enrich lives by fostering community. We believe that an integrative design process centered around strong collaboration is fundamental to achieving impactful architecture. Our methodical and adaptive approach to design is rooted in the belief that each project provides a unique set of challenges that warrant equally unique and creative solutions. It is critical to successful design and building that we fully understand the events and programs our spaces intend to house and ultimately facilitate. Furthermore, the foundational core of our practice is celebrating the collective effort that effective design requires.
BKV Group is currently seeking an intermediate project designer to join our DC practice site. The team member will work closely with our Design Partner and Senior Designer as follows:
- Take direction from Design Partner and Senior Designer while also being able to demonstrate, explore and generate design concepts independently.
- Use 3d modeling, planning, diagramming to explore and develop design schemes.
- Assist in creating presentation materials.
- Design research.
- Develop and refine design from concept to design development, including generating elevations, plans and details under the direction of the Design Partner and Senior Designer.
- Bachelor of Architecture at minimum.
- 3 – 6 years of experience in architecture.
- A proactive positive attitude.
- Seeks to thrive and work effectively in a highly collaborative environment.
- Ability to initiate and develop design studies.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Strong design and graphic skills, and the ability to communicate design effectively.
- Proficiency in Rhino, Adobe Suite, Office Suite.
- Experience in Revit and/or AutoCAD is preferred.
- Experience/knowledge of large-scale mixed use, residential projects preferred.
With 200+ employees sharing knowledge across practice sites in Washington DC, Chicago, Dallas, Minneapolis, and Vietnam, we create relevant and meaningful design solutions that allow our clients’ vision to become a reality. BKV Group offers a flexible, hybrid work schedule with three days in the office (Tues – Thurs) and two days optional for remote working (Mon & Fri). With excellent benefits, competitive salaries, and continuous opportunities for growth, BKV Group gives you the tools to achieve your goals. We invite you to submit your resume and any work samples you would like to share (PDF of no more than 5MB). Please indicate your name, desired position and location in e-mail subject line. For more information, visit: www.bkvgroup.com.