The Yazdani Studio of CannonDesign is a laboratory for exploration and experimentation in architecture. Established upon the reputation and leadership of award-winning designer Mehrdad Yazdani, the studio leverages the best attributes of a small design studio with the resources and reach of our global practice.
The studio includes a diverse team of architects, designers, 3-D artists, technical specialists, and creative thinkers entirely committed to pushing the boundaries of design – from the application of radically new technologies to refining concepts of sustainability and urban initiatives.
ABOUT THE ROLE
This entry level position will be a member of the multidisciplinary team at Yazdani Studio. Under the direction of a project designer, you will a collaborative member of our design team, assisting the development of ideas that advance our design agenda from conceptual through the technical aspects of our practice.
- Produce presentation deliverables including diagrams, drawings, 3D models, computational models, renderings, physical models and animations.
- Participate in the design process through the construction of study models.
- Actively collaborate with project teams by critically evaluating and developing design concepts.
- Contribute to office activities and initiatives.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Qualified candidates must have a Bachelor of Architecture from an accredited program by hire date.
- Master of Architecture from an accredited program preferred.
- Strong creative design portfolio is essential as are strong communication, teamwork, presentation, graphics, organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple projects.
- Proficiency in Revit, Rhino, parametric and rendering software, and Adobe Suite.
LIFE AT YAZDANI STUDIO
Yazdani Studio of CannonDesign recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at Yazdani Studio of CannonDesign in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage.
As a condition of employment, all employees are expected to complete mandatory training, including compliance training, within required timeframes and adhere to our internal policies and our Code of Conduct.
HOW TO APPLY
Portfolios must be submitted for all design positions
Applications without work samples will not be reviewed. Portfolios should be one PDF attachment, 10-20 pages, maximum 10 MB. Submit your portfolio and resume with a short introduction of yourself.