JZA is an up and coming Santa Monica-based design firm that is in search of motivated, self-starters with a design background to work part or full-time on a variety of residential projects from custom single-family renovations to 100+ unit mixed-use & apartment buildings. As a growing firm, we are able to offer a growth based position with lots of responsibility and hands-on learning on all phases of project design and delivery.
The ideal candidate will possess experience and passion for design. The candidate shall be responsible for the creation, development, and revision of detail drawings from schematic design all the way to construction document phases, working closely with a project manager and the firm’s principle. This position requires the following:
- Must be legally able to work in the United States & local to Los Angeles
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture from an NAAB accredited school
- Proficiency in Autodesk Revit & Sketchup are required, without exception.
- Ability to develop concise construction documents to a very high level of detail
- Capacity to work both independently and as part of a team
- Clear & professional verbal & written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills & attention to detail
- Adept at multitasking and managing changing priorities
- Possess an understanding of the architectural design and construction process
- Facility to problem solve and think abstractly
- 3D modeling skills and Adobe CS experience are a plus, but not necessary
For consideration, please provide a cover letter stating your interest and required compensation, resumé, and portfolio of work samples in PDF format. Work samples shall be representative of your capacity to design and document.
If applicable, please indicate on your resume project types and your role and responsibilities on those projects (e.g. drafting, redlines, coordination, etc.).
Salary to be commensurate to experience and talent. Applicants shall be local to Los Angeles (or moving) and must be of legal status to work in the United States.
Please submit resumes, work samples & desired salary to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration for this position.