Pfeffer Torode, an award-winning architecture and design firm, provides distinctive design solutions in response to project-specific aspirations for a wide range of commercial and residential project types. Pfeffer Torode maintains offices in Nashville and Chattanooga, Tennessee as well as Birmingham and Montgomery, Alabama. Our work, concentrated in the Southeast, also spans across the country and abroad.
We are seeking an experienced architectural designer with strong design and communication skills and a willingness to participate in all aspects of the design process. Successful candidates should possess keen spatial understanding, particular care to details, and a drive to positively contribute to the built environment. Working within a project team the successful candidate would be responsible for taking on a leadership role on several projects. This includes management and production throughout all project phases. The opening is currently in our Nashville office on our commercial team. A track record of successfully completed commercial and hospitality projects should be evident through portfolio/work samples.
- Professional degree in Architecture, BArch or above,
- 5-7 years of professional experience,
- Architectural License in at least 1 State (preferred but not required),
- Strong conceptual & spatial design abilities, (as should be apparent in work sample/portfolio submission)
- Developed knowledge of construction including technical detailing,
- Knowledge of applicable local codes,
- Experience and willingness to take on a leadership role,
- Experience and ability to produce detailed and high level construction documents,
- Effective communication, both written and graphic, with the design team, trade partners, and clients,
- High-degree of self-motivation and resourcefulness,
- Desire and willingness to collaborate in a fast-paced, design-forward environment,
- Proficiency in industry standard software and creative software including:
- BIM: Revit
- 2-D CAD Software: AutoCAD
- 3-D Modeling: SketchUp
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Microsoft Office Suite
Compensation & Benefits
This is a full-time position; salary will be commensurate with experience and skill level.
- Employer provided healthcare (vision and dental included)
- Paid Time Off (15-20 days starting + 8 holidays)
- 4% 401K matching with immediate vesting (after 1 year of employment)
- $100 monthly technology stipend
- Professional Development reimbursement and opportunities
All applicants will receive equal consideration for employment. Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S..
For more information please visit www.pfeffertorode.com
- 1 PDF including cover letter, resume, and samples of relevant work.
- File should be saved as: yourname_pta_5-7yrs File size should not exceed 7MB.
- Submit pdf to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading “Architectural Designer 5-7 Years”.
- No phone inquiries please.