Position Type: Contract to permanent hire (freelance for no more than four months)
Position Location: Los Angeles, California (REMOTE – partial hybrid)
Full-time Salary Range: $50,000 – $90,000
ASSEMBLAGEworks is a newly established, multi-disciplinary architectural firm based in both Los Angeles, CA and Portland, Oregon that provides Architecture, Owner’s Representation and Technology Stewardship services to a variety of clients and partners in the AEC-O Community.
Our work is exclusively oriented towards the use of modern methods of construction (MMC) including, but not limited to volumetric modular, mass timber and other prefabricated systems.
Our ongoing projects are located throughout the United States, including multi-family residential, commercial, hospitality, and mixed-use developments.
ASSEMBLAGEworks Seeks Architectural Designer
ASSEMBLAGEworks is currently seeking an Architectural Designer willing to learn and contribute to the overall success of our team. The ideal candidate will be a strong critical thinker with 2-8 years’ experience working with architects, engineers and contractors on a wide variety of project types. The ideal candidate would join a growing team of architects in either our Portland, Oregon or Los Angeles, California office. Candidate is expected to work closely with the design team on a variety of upcoming mixed-use, multi-family, hospitality and creative office projects from Concept Design through Construction Administration. Candidate should be able to collaborate in a fun environment with a focus on a high level of customer service.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Work with project team to solve complex architectural and engineering problems on a wide range of mixed-use, multi-family, hospitality and creative office projects.
- Production of design and construction documents in all phases of design and construction, in collaboration with the full project team. This ranges from conceptual sketches to fully detailed construction documents.
- Learn architectural and engineering systems relevant to a wide range of projects and researching of any unfamiliar systems.
- Participate and contribute to project coordination meetings with team and clients.
- Provide excellent internal and external customer service for team and clients.
The successful candidate should have:
- A professional degree in Architecture from an NCARB accredited school.
- An interest in modern methods of construction, including volumetric modular and mass timber construction. Interest in digital fabrication a plus.
- Experience in construction documents, detailing, digital modeling, rendering, and graphic design.
- Proficient in Revit, SketchUp, Bluebeam, Microsoft Office Suite (e.g., MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, MS PPT) and the Adobe Suite of tools.
- Experience in Rhino and Vray is preferred.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- The ability to condense, categorize and present research and ideas.
- Interest in architectural development opportunities and helping ASSEMBLAGEworks scale nationwide as a leader in innovative design / build delivery methodologies.
- Aptitude for professional growth and development in an emerging architectural and design practice.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States
Compensation is competitive and based on experience /skill level. Qualified candidates should submit their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please limit your file size to 5 MB or supply a usable link to access the oversized resume / portfolio.
ASSEMBLAGEworks is an equal opportunity employer, but all applicants must have valid status to work in the United States.
ASSEMBLAGEworks has two offices located in Portland, Oregon and Los Angeles, California. We promote a healthy work-life balance and offer a hybrid work opportunity. This position is a freelance to permanent hire, and the ideal candidate will be in Portland, Oregon (and/or surrounding suburbs).
Diversity has been part of our DNA since ASSEMBLAGEworks (AWI) formation. A multitude of cultures and backgrounds creates a new point of reference which leads to amazing insights. At AWI, we celebrate and support diversity because it makes our team, work and the built environment better. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and take affirmative action to employ equally regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.