[Who You Are]
- An outgoing and collaborative problem-solver
- Motivated, independent and flexible with a strong work ethic
- A clear communicator – Architects are only as good as the information we pass along – verbally or visually.
- A lover of multi-tasking.
- Able to take direction and initiative
- Eager to grow and evolve with us. AAHA Studio is constantly evolving and growing and you’ll be an integral part of our success.
[Who We Are]
AAHA Studio is a concierge style, full-service, family-run Architecture and Interior Design Studio who works hand in hand with clients to deliver their dreams.
We enjoy working on a range of project types including single family Residential, Retail, small scale Commercial and Hospitality.
We are a young, design-driven studio run by the husband and wife team of Harper Halprin & Aaron Leshtz. Our team is family and our clients are part of that culture. We are collaborators. We leverage our individuality, our experiences and our unique points of view to create a stronger whole. We are nimble and inventive. We are experienced, but never stale. We are always seeking to learn and improve upon what came before with the objective of delivering the highest quality design and project management. We are warm, honest and engaging with each other, our clients and our collaborators. We seek the best solutions to specific problems.
Our designs are grounded in a rigorous dialogue informed by a deep understanding of our client’s needs and visions. We utilize technology, knowledge and an inquisitive nature to deliver high quality projects and service to our clients.
As a small team, It’s important that we enjoy where we work and the people we work with and the following Core Values are an integral part of that culture:
- Passionate About Design: We love design found in all sorts of places – whether the Schindler house or the perfect coffee cup
- Inquisitive Nature: The type of person who climbs under a table in a public place to see how it was constructed
- Dedication: to the work, the studio, and each other
- Team Player: The whole is always greater than the sum of its parts
- Responsiveness: We move quickly and efficiently
As an integral portion of our small, but mighty team, your main responsibilities will be the execution and implementation of project designs. As the heart of the production arm, you will work hand in hand with the project team, clients, and and collaborators to keep projects moving forward. The ability to have a micro and macro view of a project at the same time will be integral to your success. You will have the opportunity to work on multiple projects in various phases at once – allowing you to dive deep into the gears that make a project—and office—successful.
Efficiency, quality, and inventiveness are vital, and through the use of technology, we’ll depend on you to be integrate and improve our deliverables.
This position is for talented individuals who are eager to collaborate with a great team and gain exposure to the inner workings and growth of the studio.
[What You’ll Do]
- In collaboration with the broader team, design and execute multiple projects simultaneously from concept design through documentation and construction administration
- Produce presentation drawings, diagrams, and renderings using ArchiCAD, BimX and the full Adobe Suite
- Research materials, products, and building systems throughout the design and construction phases
- Produce and coordinate city submittal sets and construction drawings
- Participate in client and consultant coordination
- The ability to visually communicate design and ideas through drawings and diagrams with a high level of design competence
- Working knowledge of ArchiCAD, or a committed interest to dive in, study, learn and conquer it. (proficiency in Revit/Bim software a plus)
- Working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
- Bachelor’s / Master’s degree in architecture
- 2–5 years of professional experience in project design and documentation at all phases
- Experience with putting together a drawing set
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong self-motivation and a desire for fast growth and leadership opportunities
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Awareness of, and continued desire to expand upon, design & industry trends, materials, innovations
- Punctual & organized
- Currently LA-based and able to work legally in the US. This is a hybrid in-person/remote position that will require regularly scheduled time spent in the office.
- Likes dogs
[Bonus Points For]
- Experience in Interior architectural design and custom millwork detailing
- Experience in high-end, residential architecture at all phases of design and construction
- Experience in retail and hospitality design
- Experience with Architectural detailing
- Experience with FF&E specifications
- Consultant coordination
- Knowledge of California residential building codes
[Ready To Join Us?]
- Shoot us an email [email@example.com] to tell us a little bit about yourself and why you would be a good fit for AAHA Studio. Please include the following:
- Tell us about a design object you love and/or the last great building you visited.
- What was a great work “win” you had recently.
- What artist would you add to the studio Spotify playlist?
- Please title your email: (your name) – AAHA Architectural Designer
- Please attach or send a link to your resume and a few work samples