Growing architecture firm seeks Sr Project Manager/Studio Manager to be responsible for the objectives, requirements and budget of an architectural project. They motivate team members and provide progress updates. They are an experienced architectural draftsperson who runs projects from initial feasibility studies to handing over the certificate of occupancy to the owners.
- Some drafting and design development is required at times to assist juniors with more difficult details / revisions to floor plan designs.
- Ability to develop timelines and schedules for multiple projects and meet milestones.
- Ultimately responsible for the performance and completion of a project.
- Chairs meetings with the design consultants and general contractors.
- Oversees the design and documentation stages and manages the contract administration to its completion.
- Supervises the work of junior designers and assistants in the team.
- Reports directly to the Heads of departments.
- Expert knowledge on how to put together a complete shell of a commercial building.
- Expert knowledge of the Building Code and ADA requirements for commercial uses.
- Expert understanding of the various agencies that may be required to obtain full permits to construct a commercial building inside and out.
- Experience in Medical facilities beneficial, along with FGI guidelines for Outpatient Facilities, and Dept of Health Article 28 (Hospitals) regulations.
- 10+ Years’ Experience
- Proficient in AUTOCAD
- Knowledge of ProCore beneficial
- Ability to oversee a team of 3-4 juniors.
- Ability to lead, mentor and foster growth in your juniors.
- Punctual, professional demeanor, and ability to communicate effectively with clients.
- Ability to multi-task and time manage to ensure maintenance of schedules for 10-20 projects at various stages. (1,000 sf – 25,000sf, most projects sized 5-10,000sf)
- Clear and direct communication skills, ability to coordinate with multiple consultants and ensure scheduled completion dates are met.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $80,000.00 – $100,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Rockville Centre, NY 11570: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Project management: 5 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location