Urban Architectural Initiatives RA PC, designers of affordable and supportive housing as well as civic buildings, is seeking a project manager with mid-rise experience for new and rehab work. We are a mid-sized firm located in the Woolworth Building, downtown Manhattan, with easy commuting access. The office atmosphere, while intense, maintains a healthy work-life balance and a respectful, diverse environment.
- Manage new construction and rehabilitation jobs, including design and zoning feasibility studies, existing conditions documentation, Building Dept. submissions, CDs, field visits, specifications, production scheduling, coordination with owner’s reps and consultants, construction monitoring.
- During construction phase, inspect the site, lead meetings, oversee preparation of meeting minutes, review requisitions, review and process submittals and RFIs.
- Minimum of six year’s work experience required, preferably in a NYC architectural office setting
- Must have good communication skills and ability to work well with junior staff as well as individually.
- Revit proficiency required. Please do not apply if no Revit experience
- AutoCAD and MS Office Suite proficiency required. Adobe Creative Suite, a plus
- Applicants must have a Bachelor of Architecture (B. Arch.) or Master of Architecture (M. Arch.) degree. Architectural registration a plus.
- Must be knowledgeable in zoning, building code, building systems, and construction detailing.
- Prior work involving HPD, HCR or HUD, a plus
- Start immediately
Must be authorized to work in the United States. Must be located in the New York metropolitan area.
Employer paid benefits:
- Aetna health insurance (6 plans) – company covers partial premium, depending on plan chosen, after two months of employment
- Dental insurance (3 plans) – UAI partial payment
- Paid vacation, sick & personal time
- Vision insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Discounted ClassPass membership
- Connect-Your-Care transit program
Optional benefits, employee paid:
One Medical free membership + additional health advice and benefits programs
Apply to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website – www.uai-ny.com
- Interested candidates should submit a resume, cover letter, work samples, and salary requirements
- Compensation commensurate with experience: $74,000 – $82,000