Jas Bhalla Architects is looking to recruit an experienced architect/architectural assistant to join its studio in London.
The practice is currently engaged in a wide range of projects from strategic masterplans to intimate refurbishments.
We are looking for an experienced and talented designer to contribute to a range of projects across our portfolio, including urban masterplans and new housing schemes. The successful applicant will be responsible for preparing planning applications at a range of scales from individual houses to new neighbourhoods. Applicants must have a minimum of two years’ post-Part 2 experience with demonstrable experience in UK housing projects.
Candidates will have the following:
- a desire to become ARB registered (or be ARB registered)
- experience with UK housing projects
- knowledge of UK planning legislation
- Revit and Rhino skills are desirable
- excellent written and spoken English
- experience of liaising independently with sub-consultants, clients and contractors
- good problem-solving skills and knowledge of construction
- a thorough understanding of UK building regulations
- a desire to contribute to a start-up culture to grow the practice
- a demonstrable commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion within architecture
We offer the following:
- flexible working, including either full-time or part-time hours
- options for hybrid working
- 23 days annual leave per year
- a competitive salary
- a collaborative and democratic working environment that encourages growth
JBA is committed to equality of opportunity and applications will be assessed regardless of race, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender or religious beliefs. Please submit your CV, a short cover letter and a portfolio demonstrating your design and technical experience via the ‘apply for job’ button below. Please include your salary expectations and availability.
Deadline: 31 October 2023