bwdarchitects is a full-service architecture firm specializing in mid-size commercial architecture, based in Falls Church, VA. Our 30+ years of firm experience have given us the opportunity to work repeatedly with individuals, developers, and corporations to build a reputation of skill, innovation, and insight.
We are seeking an experienced architect level III/ project manager (licensed or non-licensed) with 8+ years experience who is eager to advance their career and take on project lead roles on light-industrial, base-building projects. Candidate should have technical and problem solving experience in project design, production, and coordination of construction documents of base-buildings. Candidate should be independent with minor tasks and capable of delivering quality documents with assistance from project architects for more complex concepts. Strong communication, presentation, and organization skills are required.
Key responsibility include assistance in construction document development including client and consultant coordination of budget, scope and schedule compliance. Candidate should have a strong understanding of contracts, codes, and construction standards. Successful candidates should be able to:
- Demonstrate understanding of building codes, environmental regulations and accessibility requirements of base-building
- Proven ability to develop a coordinated construction documents set from preliminary design to bid release of base building
- Provide technical expertise and mentor more junior staff on construction details/ technologies
- Coordinate changes during Bid/ Construction Services phase with staff, consultants, contractors, and client
- Highly successful candidates should be capable of assuming lead project management role
We have found the following skills important for success in architecture and within our firm:
- Accredited degree in architecture (B. Arch, M. Arch) or (B.S Arch)
- Ability to visualize in 3D
- Knowledge of U.S. standard materials and construction details
- VectorWorks experience is a BIG plus
- ability to translate known computer softwares is a must
- Excellent communication, problem solving and decision making skills
We offer real responsibility in a relaxed working environment with an actual 40 hr. working week, flexible time including work-from-home options, competitive pay, and an excellent benefits package, which includes paid vacation & personal days, paid holidays, fully paid health insurance, matching 401(k) plan and continuing education stipend.
An immediate start date is preferred for this permanent position.
Interested persons should email cover letter, resume and portfolio.
No phone inquiries pleas