Tighe Architecture is a highly acclaimed design firm committed to creating an authentic, contemporary architecture informed by technology, sustainability and building innovation. Our diverse body of projects include commercial developments, mixed-use projects, city developed affordable housing, public work, parks, and single-family residences. This is an opportunity to position yourself in an advanced role within a rapidly growing design firm. This position is available immediately.
Position Overview, Architect / Designer
We are seeking a talented, full-time Architect / Designer to join our team. Our Ideal candidate is a great designer, highly motivated, well organized, thoughtful, and has experience working as part of a design team. They should also have good communication skills, enjoy working collaboratively with others, and are reliable, trustworthy and detail oriented.
- Perform design assignments that include programming client needs, conceptual design, schematic design, design development, space planning, and construction documentation
- Participate in the selection and presentation of furniture, furniture systems, fabrics, equipment (FF&E), color pallets, and lighting
- Generate Presentations, construction documents, specifications, and material selections needed for concept through construction phases
- Provide design support and documentation during completion and execution of design concepts
- Work with external consultants, product representatives, furniture dealers, and fabricators
Skills / Requirements:
- Professional degree in Architecture from an accredited school.
- Proficiency in 2D/3D software, including Revit, Rhino, Bluebeam, Enscape and the Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator)
- Must be able to work locally at our L.A. office with authorization to work in the United States
- 3-5 years of relevant professional experience
- Registered Architect Preferred, but not required.
- Strong graphics and visualization skills to effectively communicate design ideas
- Experience in all project phases of Architecture from concept to construction completion
- Direct project experience working within Los Angeles building standards and regulations
- Working knowledge of building codes, local permitting, entitlement process, and building construction
- Experience in multiple aspects of client, team, and project coordination, including full documentation coordination with design and engineering consultants.
This is a full-time position with salary commensurate with experience and office structure. Tighe Architecture is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer a full benefits package including health, paid time off, long-term disability, and 401k plan. Please email your CV, portfolio sample (no larger than 15 MB), and availability to email@example.com. Please format the subject line as “Name – Architect / Designer Application” of your email. No phone calls, please.