WORKac is currently looking to hire a well-rounded senior architect with 5-7 years of experience. Qualified candidates should be passionate about design excellence, sustainability, and innovative ideas about architecture and the built environment. Experience should clearly show a strong creative design portfolio and technical building knowledge working through all phases of projects from schematic design to construction documents.
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Actively lead a project with supervision from firm leadership. Demonstrate initiative, process innovation, problem solving, and decision quality with a high attention to detail and accuracy at an overall project level.
- Actively communicates and collaborates internally with project teams and externally with consultants and clients in effective ways. Ability to critically and constructively evaluate ideas while contributing to the team and office at large.
- Combine strong conceptual design ability with technical knowledge. Integrate interdisciplinary criteria to effectively move forward the design of projects.
- Demonstrated experience in technical detailing and construction administration with ability to resolve design issues in pragmatic and creative ways that meet the project budget and design approach.
- Manages time and workload of own work efforts and those of others to meet project task deadlines and commitments, with occasional interaction and direction from firm leadership. Ability to effectively guide and teach less experienced staff.
- Produces, coordinates and/or oversees presentation and contract deliverables such as diagrams, 3D models, drawings, renderings, physical models and animations.
- Proactively checks and coordinates project documents (including but not limited to drawing set organization, details, dimensions, interdisciplinary coordination items, specifications coordination) for compliance with the project’s requirements in line with WORKac standards.
- Demonstrates an advanced understanding of building materials, systems, specifications, codes, details and construction techniques. Is able to enrich design concepts through technical strategies. Identifies and effectively uses appropriate tools to design and document at all project phases.
- Extensive Revit Experience is a must.
- Completion of a professional degree in Architecture.
- Between 5-7 years of experience.
- Candidates should have extensive of BIM and support the firm’s staff in the transition.
- Proficient in Revit, AutoCAD, Rhino, Adobe Creative Suite.
- Extensive building construction and technical experience.
- Extensive Construction Documents experience.
- Capacity for attention to detail and accuracy.
- Proactive and self-motivated, with the ability to take initiative in response to direction from firm leadership.
- Must be a team player, with an open, flexible and collaborative spirit
To apply, please send a resume, cover letter, and portfolio as PDF attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Architect” or apply via LinkedIn. Limit file sizes to 5MB. No phone calls please.
WORKac offers a positive and creative work environment with room for professional growth, medical benefits, paid vacation, and an opportunity to join a growing office with a commitment to innovative, thoughtful design. WORKac is an Equal Opportunity Employer.