Studio Mackereth is seeking an architect to join its team in London.
About the role
Studio Mackereth is looking for an experienced, knowledgeable qualified architect to join its busy team in Shoreditch, London. The successful candidate will be working on the refurbishment of a Grade 2 listed Belgravia townhouse (currently onsite) and a design-led new-build project involving the adaptive re-use of an existing nineteenth century warehouse and new-build construction to form a large private residence (currently at pre-planning stage).
Working in a team you will be expected to be self-motivated and work both independently and within the team to move projects forward. Knowledge and experience of UK building regulations, planning policy and detailed design together with construction and onsite experience is essential.
Studio Mackereth is a London-based practice of architects and designers founded by award winning architect Sally Mackereth. Our varied projects comprise both architecture and interior design, across several sectors including private, speculative residential, luxury retail and commercial projects of various scales for a diverse group of clients around the world.
Since the launch of the studio, we have deliberately widened the parameters of our work. Our success in the discipline of architecture allows us to explore and enjoy the design of other subjects such as our own range of furniture, temporary exhibitions and installations. However, the focus of the studio is still rooted in architectural projects with a clear emphasis on the seamless connection between the details that shape the architecture and the tone of the integral interior spaces formed within.
Potential candidates should have a positive attitude, be well organised and able to manage deadlines and workloads efficiently. We are looking for potential team members to show excellent design skills and critical thinking at all stages, together with the desire and ability to work on demanding and varied projects.
Successful candidates should also demonstrate:
- minimum two years in both design and construction stages of projects post qualification, including experience in design and communication with both contractors and the wider design team
- excellent detailed design drawings for construction incorporating robust detailing
- comprehensive knowledge of UK building legislation, relevant design guides and standards
- excellent CAD drawing skills, with specific experience in Vectorworks and Adobe Creative Suite
- excellent three-dimensional presentation skills, to include computer renderings, hand drawings and model making
- excellent verbal and written communication skills
- experience of specification writing required – NBS preferred
- experience in high quality residential projects, in addition some experience in commercial/retail projects preferred
Positions offered are on a full-time contract, with a six-month probation period.
Salaries are competitive, commensurate with experience and in line with RIBA salary benchmarks.
Studio Mackereth is an equal opportunities employer.
Please note, we do not employ through agencies.
Please only submit your application through the Dezeen website and ensure to include with your application a cover letter, a complete CV and a portfolio in a PDF format not to exceed 10 MB.
Unfortunately, we are only able to respond to candidates invited for an interview.