Populous is a very unique practice with a focus on design experiences.
We design the places where people love to be together. This is our singular purpose.
We use the power of design to transform neighborhoods, revitalize cities, build relationships and connect people to being part of something bigger.
Populous is where architects and designers of all kinds create moments bigger than ourselves. We’re a global specialized design firm with local roots in 9 cities across Americas.
Populous offers the best of both worlds: the resources and impact of the design giants and the tightly-knit atmosphere and growth opportunities of smaller firms.
WHY we design
To amplify the joy in shared moments.
HOW we do it
+ Architecture + Interior Design + Event Design + Landscape Design + Master Planning + Urban Design + Graphic Design + Product Design
WHAT we look for
+ Entrepreneurial spirit + Down to-earth nature + Trendsetting ideas + Unyielding passion + Adaptability + Curiosity + Vision + Energy + Culture enabling
The preferred candidate will have an interest in working in a dynamic and collaborative global design environment with a diverse range of public assembly building types; including the design of sports venues, convention centers, community buildings and transportation facilities.
We are seeking a passionate, creative, engaged, and technically proficient Architect to join us in a dynamic and collaborative design atmosphere. Applicants must possess exceptional technical abilities.
- The candidate will work within a dynamic creative environment, providing high level conceptual realization of design work in a variety of image and media formats.
- The position would focus on design conceptualization and development of solutions to a project’s programmatic requirements. In addition, candidates would be expected to provide leadership during technical development and project documentation.
- The candidate should be highly adaptable, having a diverse skill set and comfort level working in multiple media platforms. Capabilities should include illustration talents, computer generated renderings, animations, and the production of motion graphics in various forms for visual communication of the conceptual idea.
- Lead in developing, modifying, and reviewing design concepts, production drawings and construction documents according to established standards and technical expertise.
- Develop design concepts and documents during the schematic and design development stages.
- Manage and / or assist in design and operational research, building & systems programming, site and building analysis and report documentation.
- Manage and / or assist in preparing design presentations to clients, communities, and other pertinent stakeholders, including public agencies.
- Assist Project Managers in the construction administration process.
- Coordinate directly with clients in the day-to-day project management of the design development process as well as construction administration.
- All other duties and responsibilities required.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / ABILITIES:
- Strong communication skills, team oriented, self-driven work ethic and ability to meet fast paced project demands.
- Inventive, creative design thinking, collaborative skill, architectural production, spatial and environmental design ability, story creation, and quality design sensibility is a requisite.
- Rendering and 3D modeling experience with 3DS Max, SketchUp and Maxwell Render is preferred.
- Experience with Revit is preferred.
- Strong sketching and freehand drawings skills. Ability to create quick sketches to convey/sell an idea is critical.
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign preferred.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Architecture.
- Registered Architect with a current license.
- 6-8 years of professional architectural experience.
- Travel will be required.
- Overtime may be necessary.
Populous offers a competitive salary, bonus and benefit packages, including medical, dental and vision coverage, 401k, flexible spending accounts, paid time off and continuing education benefits. Populous is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable Federal, State or Local law.
No. 1 Most Innovative Company in Architecture by Fast Company
One of the 50 most innovative companies in the world for 2022 by Fast Company
No. 1 AEC firm in convention and conference facilities sector by BD+C
No. 19 Architecture Firms of 2021 by Architectural Record
Find us here – https://populous.com/careers