We are on the search for a Junior Architect who is passionate about residential architecture and modern design to join our team. If you have 2-4 years experience, currently live in the NYC area, and can tell us why you would be a good fit on our team, we want to hear from you.
Joseph Vance Architects is an award-winning, boutique firm in New York City specializing in high-end, custom residential work- including townhouse/brownstone and apartment gut renovations, rooftop additions and new, ground up townhouses. Current projects include a 6-story new, ground up townhouse (with basketball court beneath) on the Upper West Side, a 6,000sf triplex in a new West Village development, and others.
We are a small group of creative problem solvers with a taste for well-crafted design. We work in a collaborative team environment, pushing boundaries until a project is the best it can be, and are always looking to continuously grow and evolve.
- Assist a Senior Architect or the principal in generating designs and presentations, construction drawings, code research and compliance, and material selection.
- Help manage schedules and coordination of clients, contractors, expeditors, consultants, city agencies and vendors.
- Assist with construction administration.
- You are resourceful, have the ability to work efficiently on multiple projects, and keep them organized.
- High level of proficiency with 3D modeling or BIM software, Revit, SketchUp or Archicad, and Adobe Creative Suite
- Knowledge of NYC building codes, zoning and LPC
- NYC residential architecture experience and/or experience with all phases of architecture a plus
- Strong conceptual, design and detailing skills
Please submit one pdf document that includes a *personalized cover letter with why you want to work at JVA and why you think you would be a good fit,* your salary requirement, resume, and work samples including 3D models you have executed to email@example.com. This is a full time salaried position with health insurance, paid vacation, sick leave and holidays. Please do not respond if you are seeking part time or freelance work.
PLEASE NOTE: Regrettably we do not have the capacity to respond to every applicant- we will only contact candidates who have the required qualifications and submitted everything outlined above (this part is key).
We look forward to hearing from you and appreciate your interest in JVA!