Joseph Vance Architects is an award winning, boutique architecture firm in New York City specializing in high end, custom residential work- including townhouse/brownstone and apartment gut renovations, rooftop additions and new, ground up townhouses. Current projects include a 6-story new, ground up townhouse (with basketball court beneath) on the Upper West Side, a 6,000sf triplex in a new West Village development, and others.
We are a small group of creative problem solvers with a taste for well-crafted design. We work in a collaborative team environment, pushing boundaries until a project is the best it can be, and are always looking to continuously grow and evolve.
We are seeking an Intermediate Architect who is passionate about residential architecture and modern design, and has the ability to take a leadership role on projects from concept through construction. You are a critical thinker, problem solver, and able to manage multiple projects.
- Lead your own projects under the direction of the principal and with the support of the team.
- Generate designs and presentations.
- Produce construction drawings and details.
- Ensure compliance of buildings codes and industry standards.
- Manage schedules and coordination of clients, contractors, expeditors, consultants, city agencies and vendors.
- Execute construction administration including review of shop drawings and submittals.
- 4-8 years professional experience
- NYC residential architecture experience
- High level of proficiency with 3D modeling or BIM software, Revit, SketchUp or Archicad, and Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience with all phases of architecture
- Knowledge of NYC building codes, zoning and LPC
- Strong conceptual, design and detailing skills
- Currently lives in the New York City Area
If you meet the qualifications, we would love to hear from you. Please submit one pdf document that includes a personalized cover letter with your salary requirement, resume, and work samples including 3D models you have executed to firstname.lastname@example.org. This is a full time salaried position with health insurance, paid vacation, sick leave and holidays. Please do not respond if you are seeking part time or freelance work.
Regrettably we do not have the capacity to respond to every applicant- we will only contact candidates who have the required qualifications and submitted everything outlined above. Please only apply one time. We look forward to hearing from you and appreciate your interest in JVA!