Chapman Architects is seeking an architect to join its practice in London.
We are seeking an energetic architect, to join our friendly, award-winning RIBA Chartered Practice, in Bermondsey, London SE1.
This is a great opportunity for an ambitious architect, wanting to join a small practice, with exciting career prospects.
CA has a portfolio of high-end projects in and around London, mainly within the commercial sector, and to include headquarters buildings, retail and arts buildings, the most notable being the redesign of Abbey Road Studios. Our work encompasses both new build and the restoration of some unique buildings.
Qualifications, qualities and experience:
- proven experience of working on high-quality commercial projects in the UK;
- documented experience of working on all stages of a design from implementation through to construction and detailing;
- a technical problem solver with the ability to work out architectural solutions whilst running jobs on site;
- a strong work ethic with the ability to work on your own initiative.
- experience with clients, contractors, and consultants;
- proficiency in BIM with outstanding design and technical skills;
- excellent communication skills in both written and spoken English;
- a good knowledge of contract administration;
- experience of working on architectural jobs in London;
- friendly and personable, with the ability to collaborate and work as part of a team.
Applicants should submit a CV alongside examples of their work, together with a short covering letter, explaining your suitability for the role by clicking the ‘apply’ button. The right candidate will receive a competitive salary and 20 days + holiday, as a starting package.
Applicants must have the right to work in the UK.
During the CoVID-19 lockdown we will be holding first interviews online, but in the hope that second interviews will be in person, once the lockdown has finished.
Chapman Architects is an equal opportunities employer.