O’Neil Langan Architects is looking for a thoroughly experienced architectural designer with expertise in Revit and BIM management to join our NYC-based team. If you consider yourself a Revit guru, we want to hear from you! OLA is home to a talented, close-knit team that’s passionate about producing excellent retail design, and we’re seeking motivated designers who thrive in this fast-paced field.
As a Revit/BIM expert, you will be deeply involved in the creation and management of extensive Revit templates for some of our biggest clients, with significant opportunity for team leadership experience. Working closely with senior staff and principals on each new project, you will receive valuable mentorship from veteran architects as you perfect your craft.
To be an ideal fit for this role, you will come in with a substantial background in retail architecture or experience working with tenant fit-out projects (retail, office, hospitality), permit sets, building permits, and the requirements of commercial landlords. Please carefully consider your experience in these sorts of projects before applying for this role, as it is critical for Revit practitioners at OLA to understand them fully and confidently.
OLA works with high-end retail brands in the United States and internationally, and we aim to be the best at what we do. Take a look at our website to see the type of work we offer our clients. If you have a drive to be a part of our vision and the skill set to bring it to life, we want you on our team!
Due to circumstances related to Covid-19, this position is currently a remote work role and will require workers to meet project output standards from home using a combination of personal and remote PC hardware. Our ideal candidates will be located in New York City or the immediate region, and will be able to transition to an office-based work environment at our Manhattan headquarters once it becomes possible.
OLA’s benefits package includes health (including annual HRA account), 401(k) and transit, as well as voluntary dental, vision, and more.
Advanced Revit skills required at a minimum:
- Ability to manage and add to a library of client specific standard system families including:
- walls, doors, windows
- storefront/curtain wall systems
- electrical devices
- annotation symbols including tags
- Ability to manage and add to a library of client-specific special parametric-based families including:
- nested components
- materiality parameters
- parameter formulas
- visibility parameters
- custom detail components for use in drafting Views
- Understand Design Options and when to use them
- Ability to manage and update template/project standards including:
- view templates
- material library
- hatches, filled regions, and line types
- phase filters
- view type default settings for elevations, sections, and callouts
- Ability to managed and update schedules, legends, and note blocks
- Ability to establish and maintain a clear file organization with emphasis on consistent verbiage and naming
- Strong background in construction documentation
- Creative problem solver
- Always looking to improve, willing to do independent research and propose new solutions
- Team player, willing to mentor others and investigate ideas proposed by the client or other team members
- Ability to oversee and manage team members working on the template and set clear expectations so that template quality / organization is maintained
- Ability to coordinate with consultants and communicate clear deliverables as needed
Please reply with the following:
- Attached resume as well as portfolio in PDF format, maximum 10mb file size (please include a range of Revit construction documents and template samples)
- Salary requirements – negotiable based on level of experience
- Resumes submitted without salary requirements, portfolios, or that don’t meet the candidate requirements above will not be reviewed.
Email applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your interest in OLA!