A+I, an award-winning strategy-led architecture and design agency, is looking for a highly talented Architectural Designer. We believe deeply that great design depends on the collaborative output of our teams. As a key member of A+I project teams, you will work closely with fellow team members, not only other architects, but also interior designers, strategists, and brand and graphic designers. Through your strong design and communication skills, you will take a large part in delivering meaningful, beautiful, integrated projects through well-managed processes and communication.
A+I is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to achieving a workforce as diverse as the city we call home.
You will create impact by:
- Providing strong design partnership across all aspects of our interdisciplinary projects
- Embracing project goals and concepts and helping develop design that supports them.
- Providing creative initiation of design ideas, both independently and with teams.
- Offering and soliciting constructive and clear critical design feedback.
- Communicating complex ideas with clarity: visually, verbally, graphically, and in writing.
- Being passionate about design and having a point of view, while fostering design collaboration within your team and with office leadership.
- Caring as much about the culture and people you work with as the project.
- Contributing to the design conversation throughout the full project duration
- Producing multiple iterations of design options in early stages of process
- Modelling / drafting through DD and CD phases
- Supporting team’s efforts during construction
- Actively engaging with all disciplines, including Strategy, Interior Design, Graphic Design, and Brand Design, to produce integrated projects
- Support Project Managers / Architects throughout all phases from schematic design though end of construction
- Work examples that demonstrate, in addition to technical excellence, a sophisticated design sensibility
- Minimum 2 years’ relevant experience (post-grad)
- High degree of comfort with the Adobe Creative Suite and drafting and modelling programs: Autocadd, Revit, as well as Rhino and/or Sketchup
- Comfort with balancing multiple projects in collaboration within the context of many projects
- Familiarity with architectural practice and construction in general
- Experience producing thoroughly detailed and coordinated construction documents
- Some familiarity with building codes
- Available to start this Fall
- Professional architectural degree from an accredited institution
- Excellent English language communication skills
- Legally eligible to work in the United States, without need for employee sponsorship
- Ready to work in-person in the office a minimum of 3 days per week
More about us:
A+I believes in building towards a responsible practice.
We stand firmly for progressive social policy, responsible stewardship of our planet, and combating climate change.
A+I builds to better the world we inhabit.
We are an award winning, strategy led design agency focusing on design in the built environment. We live our purpose through our devotion to creating more compelling human experiences – ones that seek to unite people and organizations, amplify their purpose, and better the world we inhabit. We believe that researching and building informed strategies to guide the design of spaces and experiences is a powerful lever for achieving the greater goals of those for whom we design as well as building towards more humane, inclusive, and sustainable futures. As such, building beautiful, meaningful, purposeful, and sustainable spatial experiences is deeply dependent on the strategies that organize that thinking. We achieve this through fostering diverse collaborative creative teams, integrated across research and design disciplines, and aligned around our client’s vision.
Please submit resume and work samples—with descriptions of your role in the work– in a single PDF, maximum size 8 MB, (or a link to a personal website) to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.