A+I, an award-winning strategy-led architecture and design agency, is looking for an accomplished Accomplished Interior Designer / FFE Expert. We believe deeply that great design depends on the collaborative output of our teams. As a key member of A+I project teams, you will work closely with fellow team members, not only other architects, but also interior designers, strategists, and brand and graphic designers. Through your strong design and communication skills, you will take a large part in delivering meaningful, beautiful, integrated projects through well-managed processes and communication.
A+I is an equal opportunity employer.
We are committed to achieving a workforce as diverse as the city we call home.
You will create impact by:
- Working within design teams to round out the interior design as it relates to the architecture, including collaboration on design concept
- Engaging with project teams to drive the selection, specification, ordering, and installation coordination of ancillary and systems furnishing
- Mentoring junior Interior Designers and manage their involvements on projects
- Maintaining and growing relationships with furniture, material, and product reps
- Researching and bringing in new materials and products to design teams and office in general
- Occasional designing and detailing of interiors components
- Work examples that demonstrate an extremely versatile and sophisticated aesthetic sensibility
- Familiarity with, if not expertise in, the world of furniture and materials in NYC
- A love of searching for exciting new possibilities in materials, furnishings, and general concepts
- A rigorous approach to translating a design brief or narrative into the appropriate solution tailored to each specific client
- Comfort with multi-tasking and collaboration within a context of multiple projects
- A highly professional ability to be self-directed and thorough with a close attention to detail
- Professional Interior Design degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum 10 years’ relevant experience (post-grad)
- Autocad and Revit proficiency and Adobe Creative suite a must, and at least some 3D modelling and rendering proficiency
- Excellent English language communication and client-facing-skills
- Legally eligible to work in the United States, without need for employee sponsorship
More about us:
A+I believes in building towards a responsible practice. We stand firmly for progressive social policy, responsible stewardship of our planet and combatting climate change.
A+I builds to better the world we inhabit. We are an award‐winning, strategy‐led design agency focusing on design in the built environment. We live our purpose through our devotion to crafting more compelling human experiences -ones that seek to unite people and organizations, amplify their purpose, and better the world we inhabit. We believe that researching and building informed strategies to guide the design of spaces and experiences is a powerful lever for achieving the greater goals of those for whom we design as well as building towards more humane, inclusive, and sustainable futures. As such, building beautiful, meaningful, purposeful, and sustainable spatial experiences is deeply dependent on the strategies that organize that thinking. We achieve this through fostering diverse collaborative creative teams, integrated across research and design disciplines, and aligned around our client’s vision.
Please submit resume and work samples—with descriptions of your role in the work– in a single PDF, maximum size 8 MB, (or a link to a personal website) to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.