We are looking for a ‘3D Artist’ to join our team in Los Angeles. The person in this position will create 3d renders to be used as assets for our virtual reality products, website, social media platforms, and exhibition environments. The position will be equally responsible for high-end digital retouching for photography and in many cases, compositing 3D renders into them as well. Other duties include creating and adjusting 3d models, creating animations, video editing, and organizing/maintaining our Digital Asset Library to company standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include:
– Creating or adjusting 3d models in 3ds Max and Unreal Engine to be rendered as assets for our website, social media platforms, packaging, art fairs, and exhibition environments.
– Ability to create and produce high-end 3d models from photos and real-world objects, digital retouching for photography and compositing 3d renders into them.
-Utilizing 3d modeling, mapping, texturing, lighting techniques etc. to create visual elements.
– Optimizing 3d arts to create realistic environments
– Troubleshooting problems on reintegration of outsourced assets into 3d arts
– Creating animated camera movements and rendering
– Editing video and image codecs for use on multiple public facing platforms
– Organizing and maintaining our Digital Asset Library to company standards, correctly naming and uploading all final deliverables to the Digital Asset — Management system and making all files accessible to all creative team members.
– Exploring and gaining expertise in the growing list of design tools for rendering and retouching.
– Collaborating with ArtLab and Marketing to incorporate feedback on product use and representation.
– Attending team meetings to discuss and make recommendations on art related issues, work progress etc.
Quality: Must be attentive to detail and accuracy. Must be committed to excellence. Must be able to present work in a professional format with an accurate and organized filing system. Must look for improvements continuously, within the work you produce and always go the extra mile to present a complete and polished final image. Must monitor quality levels and find root causes of quality problems, own/act on quality problems.
Problem Solving/Analysis: Must be able to break down problems into smaller components, understand underlying issues, simplify and process complex issues, understand the difference between critical details and unimportant facts.
Communication: Must communicate well both verbally and in writing, create accurate and punctual reports, alert teams to resource issues, confirm project prioritization, share information and ideas with others, have good listening skills.
Sense of Urgency: Must prioritize well, show energy and enthusiasm, react to opportunities, instill urgency in others, and meet deadlines.
Teamwork: Must meet all team deadlines and responsibilities, listen to others and value opinions, help team leaders to meet goals, welcome and help newcomers and promote a team atmosphere.
Personal Organization: Must keep information organized and accessible, maintain clean/functional workspace, work systematically/efficiently, and manage time well.
Technical Skills: Must understand specialty equipment, keep knowledge up to date, become a technical resource for others, follow technology best practices and standards.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Minimum of five (5) years of experience as a 3D Artist in Architectural Visualization environment or similar
Bachelor’s degree (or comparable work experience demonstrating ongoing professional development in technology) is required.
Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud programs (especially Photoshop, Illustrator, AfterEffects, Premiere Pro, and Bridge).
Expert knowledge of Photoshop including best practices for advanced retouching, compositing, layer style techniques, tools, and masking techniques.
Expert knowledge of 3ds Max, Vray, Unreal Engine, Sketchup Pro and PBR figure workflows
General knowledge of multiple complementary 3D softwares (ie: Substance Painter, Substance Designer, Marvelous Designer, Datasmith, etc)
General knowledge of blueprints in Unreal Engine.
Able to work in both PC and MAC environments are a must.
Able to function within deadlines, while working both independently and as part of a team.
Highly detailed oriented, possess excellent communication skills, assertive, self-starter, ability to keep projects moving on predetermined production scheduled, and have strong computer skills with ability to troubleshoot.
Willingness to experiment and innovate
About Hauser & Wirth
Hauser & Wirth is one of the world’s leading contemporary art galleries with offices in Hong Kong, London, New York, Los Angeles, Somerset, Gstaad, and St. Moritz. Hauser & Wirth Los Angeles, located in a historic 100,000 square foot flour mill complex in the city’s burgeoning downtown Arts District, opened to the public in March 2016. The gallery transformed the site’s sprawling collection of late 19th and early 20th century buildings and outdoor spaces into a dynamic multi-disciplinary arts center. The new venue offers innovative exhibitions, museum-caliber amenities, and a robust schedule of public programs that contextualize the art on view, drawing upon, illuminating, and contributing to the urban culture of Los Angeles.