Full Stack Modular is the first fully integrated modular solution for design, manufacturing, and construction. We bring a data-driven, end-to-end approach to developing multi-story urban buildings. We merge modular building with new construction technologies to bring a higher level of control, predictability, and scalability to development. In an industry ripe for innovation, our team of design, construction and manufacturing professionals brings an unprecedented level of thought-leadership and ingenuity.
The FullStack Design-Manufacturing (DM) unit focuses on addressing the path of a Modular project from initial concept with architect and engineers to a fully coordinated virtual building prototype to the factory floor. As part of a design-build process, engineers at FSM provide support for all levels of design professionals (internal and external) with componentization and manufacturing know-how, assisting with development of suitable modular design fit for manufacturing. DM unit’s main focus lies in production and maintenance of modular digital prototype and extends further into standardization and continuous improvement of systems, components and information output. Consequently, DM unit is required to work in tandem with various departments within FullStack organization.
The VDC (Virtual Design and Construction) Manager is responsible for the overall management of project models and documentation for use in project coordination, factory fabrication, and on-site processes. The VDC Manager will lead a team of integrators who work towards the goal of providing the final drawings and information needed to execute projects on the factory floor. The role requires liaising with all Full Stack departments.
Essential Job Functions:
- Learn FSM modular construction processes, best practices, and technical details
- Learn FSM factory capabilities and needs such as tolerances, factory work divisions, assembly procedures, etc.
- Assist the project team in VDC coordination efforts by analyzing designs to assess modular buildability and project goals
- Produce visual aids (2D to 4D) to effectively communicate project coordination issues
- Prepare fabrication models and production drawings and lead outside consultant teams to prepare the same
- Prepare and manage database for bill of materials, parts, and equipment
- Prepare submittals for design team review
- Take part or lead an FSM R&D project of various nature
- Mentoring and training junior VDC coordinators
- Foster relationships with consultants and vendors and stay informed as to construction best-practices
Education and Experience Background:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Architecture or related discipline, or equivalent education and experience required;
- Minimum 6 years of experience in the AEC industry or related discipline;
- Experience with creation of AEC drawings and specification deliverables;
- Understanding of construction and fabrication methodology;
- Experience with managing BIM team of various backgrounds and knowledge
Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities Required:
- Strong computer skills including experience with modeling software (e.g., Revit, Navis, SolidWorks, CATIA, Rhino);
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally both verbally and in writing.
- Excellent drawing communication skills from quick sketches to detailed drawing sets;
- Ability to read, interpret, and evaluate drawings, specifications, and contracts;
- Strong capacity for research and problem solving;
- Be familiar with codes of various trades;
- Well versed in manufacturer and supplier standard parts, materials, and common construction techniques;
- Flexibility to adjust plans and schedule to respond to changing project conditions or company needs;
- Provide positive leadership and help develop the skills and abilities of junior colleagues;
Applicants must be eligible to work in the United States. FullStack Modular is a participant in the E-verify program.
How to Apply:
Please submit one pdf no more than 10MB that includes a cover letter, resume and work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org
The cover letter should be one page maximum and include your availability and salary expectation. The email subject field should read: VDC (Virtual Design & Construction) Manager Opportunity
Please be advised that due to the volume of applicants, we are only able to contact those candidates whose skills and background best fit the needs of the position.