Urban Designer and Architect
Who We Are:
We are 220 architects, urban planners, interior and graphic designers. We’re curious. We’re creative. We are award winning designers and dodgeball players.
Our sweet spot is where our collective expertise intersects and overlaps. Our holistic strategic thinking and companywide interdisciplinary approach is what supports the elevation, extension and implementation of our client’s image and brand. The success of our design results from active collaboration and understanding.
Who You Are:
You are a passionate and self-motivated designer with an affinity for the urban scale and planning. You enjoy the big picture process of shaping the setting for successful developments but understand the art of constructing buildings
Inventive- You know how to transform research to support and create innovative and thoughtful design
Thrive in the pre-design phase but you also understand the organization and components of a CD, DD, and SD set
You understand the constructability of design in context of building systems
Graphically savvy- Your variety of software expertise helps strengthen the communication of design
What You Will Do:
- Research-Explore precedent, sustainable, façade and massing studies to merge with local code and zoning regulations
- Evaluate- Use your research to compare buildings and sites, analyze the effects of design on surrounding fabrics, determine the location of programs, explore possible building envelopes , materials, and building shape options
- Generate- Provide schemes, design options and ideas to assist in the preparation of design presentation packages using various software tools (Rhino, Sketch-Up, V-Ray)
- Present-Ideas and designs clearly and professionally in-line with the overall project goals and vision to principals
- Design- Use all of the above to be an influential part in the design process
- 5+ years of experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, graduate degree in planning or urban design is desired
- Strong portfolio of work
- Strong typography, layout and conceptual skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, multi-task, schedule and meet tight deadlines
If you would like to know more about us and are interested in applying, please reference Job #2017-16. Please send cover letter, resume and portfolio via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, the total size of the attached file(s) should not exceed 5MB.