LMN Architects is currently seeking outstanding candidates for the position of Urban Designer. The ideal candidate will be passionate about urban design and architecture, have a solid planning and design sensibility and appreciate the process of articulating design through a collaborative and engaged process. A strong understanding of sustainable design is desirable.
- Contribute to the planning and design development for complex, large-scale projects within an urban context.
- Demonstrate understanding of design philosophy of projects and produce visual representation to support that philosophy.
- Work at a variety of scales from streetscape and public space design to district/campus level planning.
- Coordinate with the larger project team including interface with owner, contractor, and consultants.
- Organize and prioritize own work efforts as well as assist with organizing team members, tasks, and meetings.
- Contribute to team effort through the spirit of collaboration.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in planning, landscape architecture, or architecture. Interest and engagement with emerging technologies and planning strategies.
- 2-8 years of professional experience in a range of planning and architectural skills.
- Experienced with zoning analysis, the entitlement process, and public involvement.
- Rhino proficiency strongly preferred. Familiarity with Revit a plus.
Knowledge of ESRI GIS software also encouraged.
Ability to work independently as well as in a highly collaborative team environment.
Excellent written and verbal communication, organizational and analytical skills.
LMN is an internationally recognized design practice made up of architects, interior designers and planners passionate about design and dedicated to collaboration. We are a single office of 150 people located in Seattle. Our focus is on creating buildings and places that enrich communities and the public realm across a diversity of project types—including education, convention centers, performing arts, commercial mixed-use, high-rise residential and transit facilities. In recognition of the quality of our work and professional leadership, LMN received the 2016 AIA Architecture Firm Award, the highest national honor bestowed upon an architectural practice. More information on LMN is available on our website at www.lmnarchitects.com.
Qualified candidates should submit a single .pdf (less than 12MB) including a cover letter, resume and sample portfolio via email to LMNemployment@LMNarchitects.com. Please include your name and “Urban Designer” in the subject line.