City Design Studio is an urban design, architecture, and planning firm with a focus on the revitalization of existing communities and the creation of unique, vibrant and extraordinary places. Based in Downtown Los Angeles, our work spans the continental United States, South and Central Asia and ranges in scale from sensitive architecture to the urban design and planning of small Cities. Our practice is actively engaged in Design Research in collaboration with institutions worldwide.
We are currently working on numerous transit area community planning projects over a 20-mile corridor that will connect downtown Los Angeles to Orange County while transforming over a dozen disadvantaged communities. The selected urban designer will also be working on several transit oriented mixed-use projects on some of the most challenging sites in Los Angeles.
We are seeking a highly motivated urban designer who is passionate about making great cities and communities. The ideal candidate will have a background in architecture or urban design. They must have strong project management skills and can work collaboratively with multiple consultant teams in a fast paced environment. They must have experience with complex projects at multiple scales as well as a high level of proficiency for project delivery. The position offers ample growth opportunity for an organized candidate who is able to manage diverse tasks.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience with urban design, architecture and master planning projects
- Bachelor Degree in Architecture and preferably a post professional degree in Urban Design or Planning or equivalent experience.
- Familiarity in working with transit related projects, challenged neighborhoods and urban environments
- Knowledge of planning codes, zoning and public policy.
- Excellent design, visualization and graphic skills with the ability to graphically communicate design concepts.
- Experience with preparing presentations for, and participation in public and community events and with institutional clients and communities.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong experience in 3D building massing and conceptualization
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, MS Office, Adobe Creative Suite and Sketchup or Rhino . Experience with Revit preferred.
SALARY Commensurate with Experience
Please submit cover letter, resume and portfolio samples to:Jobs@CityDesign-Studio.com Indicate position in Subject Line of e-mail: “URBAN DESIGNER- INTERMEDIATE”