Summer Intern/Junior Designer (Part-Time, May-August)
DEX Studio (www.studiodex.com) is a Venice-based modern design firm focused on high-end residential, multi-family residential, commercial and restaurant design. We’re seeking a highly motivated individual to join our design team and fill our Intern/Junior Designer position this summer. Paid internship will provide a motivated candidate exposure to a wide variety of tasks and responsibilities to further their knowledge in architecture, design, and construction matter. Opportunity for full-time position upon completion.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Work closely with design team
- Maintain project library and office administration
- Help produce project deliverables under the supervision of the project lead
- Coordinate in schematic design, design development, construction documentation, detailing, graphics, site visits, etc.
- Participate in office meetings
- Enrolled in a Bachelor or Master of Architecture degree program
- Visualization skills in photoshop and illustrator are a must
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and/or Vectorworks a plus
- Basic knowledge of construction and building processes
- Ability to handle fast-paced projects and deadlines
- Ability to thrive in a small office environment
- Strong work ethic, design sense, and communication skills
- Able to work individually
LOCATION: Venice, CA
WORK WEEK: 25-30 hrs/week, flexible days
HOURS: 9 to 5 day
RATE: Compensation based on experience
STATUS: Contract under 1099/Part-Time, Opportunity for Full-Time
Interested applicants please email a COMBINED PDF consisting of cover letter, resume and work samples (not to exceed 4mb) to email@example.com. Please write NAME_SUMMER INTERN/JUNIOR DESIGNER in the subject line. Please refrain from telephone calls. Only qualified candidates as described above will be considered.