Project Lead (Architecture)
The Archers is an AD100 team of designers, architects, artists and cinephiles based in Downtown Los Angeles, California. The studio’s work comprises buildings, interiors and furnishings for private homes and public spaces.
The Archers is seeking a experienced and talented Project Lead (Architecture) to join its growing design team in LA. This role will be an important appointment within the studio with responsibility for some of the studio’s key commercial and residential projects in the US.
This role will play a lead part in delivering the studio’s latest architectural and interior commissions, working alongside the Creative Director to create an overarching concept and managing the client and wider project team to see this vision through to completion on site.
The right candidate will be from an architectural background, but have a passion for and significant knowledge of historic and contemporary interior design and furniture.
Concept and design development: Conceptualise and develop designs in detail – working independently to generate ideas, carry out research and provide design inspiration and input to the wider team. Develop ideas and execute design studies with software (Rhino) and/or physical models.
Project management: Lead production of scheduling documents, meeting documentation and coordination of wider project team (including contractor/sub-consultants/fabricators) to ensure project meets established deadlines. Participate in construction administration, site visits and shop drawing review to ensure project is executed to the highest quality.
Client communications: Provide wide oversight of projects and production of materials and systems needed to ensure client is kept abreast of design progress as well as providing a point of contact for all client queries.
Visual communications: Experienced in software (AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite) as required to produce sketches, visuals and renders needed to best communicate design internally and in client presentations. Prepare comprehensive presentations for clients to communicate design intent. The right candidate will have strong hand-drawing skills.
Architecture/construction oversight: Provide oversight of project progress through design and into construction to ensure design intent is met on site. Coordination of contractor team and sub-consultants as needed to ensure project scheduling targets and accurate communication of design intent.
Production: Produce drawings sets (AutoCAD) in detail commensurate with each phase, including bid sets and construction documents. Responsible for project specifications and schedules.
Your skills, experience and attributes:
- 5+ years of Architecture/Interior Design in a similar role at a design firm.
- Experience of commercial and high-end residential projects.
- Experience in successfully leading, managing and executing architectural and interior projects – from concept development through to final finish.
- Proven track record of meeting scheduling deadlines and with the ability to seek out solutions to problems as they come up while maintaining progress.
- Comprehensive knowledge of 3d modelling and drafting software (AutoCAD & Rhino).
- Excellent knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign etc…)
- Knowledge of design requirements, construction methods and materials for high end environments – ideally with build experience in LA.
- Empathy for great design, strong visual skills, with attention to detail, composition, light, colour and form.
- Calm, mature and professional.
- Self-motivated – able to work independently whilst always keeping the wider team informed of progress.
- Analytical – with a proactive approach to problem solving.
Please email a brief cover letter (with salary expectations), resume and PDF portfolio samples to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Portfolio should include: Hand sketches, CD/DD Sets, CAD Drawings & elevations, shop drawings/redlines, etc.
Please title your email: (Your name)_Project Lead (Architecture) application 2018.
Please note: all applicants should be U.S. citizens, hold a green card or have appropriate work authorization.