Senior Project Architect
Assembledge+ is a dynamic, growing and award winning design firm based in Los Angeles working on a variety of projects ranging from high end restaurants, custom single-family residences to multi-family residential, creative office space and urban planning projects. Please visit us at www.assembledge.com to learn more about our work.
We are currently looking for a talented, ambitious and well-rounded Senior Project Architect with 8-15 years of experience to assist in all phases of the project delivery process from schematic design, through construction documents and construction administration. The ideal candidate should be extremely professional, possess strong communication skills, be comfortable attending client meetings, and be experienced in execution phases, especially in DD, CD and CA.
- Minimum of 8-15 years’ experience with specific knowledge of the Construction Document process.
- Professional degree in architecture. Master’s degree desirable. Architecture License is desired but not mandatory.
- Strong organizational, communication and coordination skills required.
- Restaurant Experience preferred.
- Experience working with city agencies.
- Experience in scheduling project/staff workflow, and knowledge of MS Project.
- Experience in construction administration and practical knowledge of building codes.
- Experience coordinating consultants and managing a design team, including architectural staff members.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD & Revit is required.
- 3D rendering proficiency with experience in Sketch-Up and Adobe Creative Suite is desired but not mandatory.
- Candidates must have current valid work status in the US.
- Provide leadership and project management expertise with responsibility for client satisfaction, service quality and financial performance.
- Assure the project design is fully developed and complete for the entire project, design decisions are consistent throughout and translated into coherent well-organized documents using company standard methods to the greatest degree possible.
- Produce drawings and models while supervising and managing all other production from the design team.
- Balance a fast-paced work environment and execute obstacles and tight deadlines with a positive attitude. The candidate should be highly reliable, outgoing, a strong communicator, and able to prioritize and multi-task as required.
- Oversee design schedule to insure design decisions and documentation are complete at critical milestones.
- Communicate work details in every step of construction, including detailed documentation phases and extensive materials knowledge.
- Work closely with Client and consultants to preserve design intent through DD, CD, CA.
- Visit construction sites to gather information, answer contractor questions and prepare punch list as required.
- Lead/coordinate communication efforts with client, consultants and within project team.
- Monitor and manage project budgets and schedules.
- Manage team of junior and intermediate designers and project architect on a rotating basis.
- Ensure fulfillment of all contractual requirements for professional services.
- Develop and maintain work plans.
Assembledge+ offers a positive and creative work environment with room for professional growth, medical benefits, paid vacation, and an opportunity to join a growing office with a commitment to innovative, thoughtful design. Assembledge+ is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply, please send a resume, cover letter, and relevant work samples as PDF attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Senior Project Architect”. Limit file sizes to 5MB. No phone calls please.