TEN x TEN is an award-winning landscape architecture and urban design office based in Minneapolis, MN. Our practice is grounded by a shared curiosity and passion for experimentation and agency. We collaborate with visionary clients and teams to co-create immersive future-focused landscapes that adapt to social, economic and environmental transformation. Our office is currently home to six full-time and two part-time employees. We celebrate diverse skill sets, backgrounds, life experiences and approaches to design. We are committed to our employees and each hire is extremely important for our collective team. TEN x TEN is a place for leadership opportunity, professional growth and design exploration.
We are working on projects at a range of scales and typologies including: a public space that wraps the former LTV Steel Mill in Pittsburgh, public libraries in Fayetteville AR and Norman OK, Historic Fort Snelling Revitalization, the Mia Masterplan, a campus for the Dian Fossey Gorilla Fund in Rwanda, a Mississippi River Overlook in North Minneapolis, Indian Mounds Regional Park Interpretive Plan, Luther Seminary in St.Paul, Highlander Linear Park in Omaha, and several high-end residential projects.
Who we are looking for: A highly motivated, creative, organized, fun and collaborative person with 10+ years of professional experience. A person who loves strategizing, discussing and problem solving through working together with others in a dynamic, creative environment. We need a collaborator who happily takes on responsibility, has exceptional communication skills and who can patiently mentor entry-level staff. Experience managing and leading projects from concept through construction administration is required. The ideal candidate will have competency in the technical aspects of landscape architecture as well as exceptional critical design capabilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Engage in ideation and design conceptualization;
- Manage and mentor internal design staff;
- Lead sometimes unwieldy consultant teams successfully and respectfully;
- Serve as a responsible and mature representative of TENxTEN for client, community and stakeholder audiences;
- Serve as an internal resource and leader for quality control. document coordination and construction administration
- Manage the creation and completion of technical sets;
- Ideate across a variety of mediums, including: hand-drawing, digital drawing, physical and 3D modeling;
- Manage a range of project types and sizes.
- Master of Landscape Architecture degree;
- Experience managing, designing and documenting complex projects from concept design through construction;
- Fluent in Adobe Creative Suite, Revit, AutoCAD, and Rhinoceros.
To Apply: Please email your cover letter, CV and portfolio to HR@tenxtenstudio.com. We will be accepting applications on an ongoing basis until the position is filled.