About the Role
WeWork is looking for a Senior Environmental Graphic Designer to help conceive, define and execute environmental graphics and art installations for our WeWork interior spaces in India. As a member of the New York City-based Art & Graphics (@wearelunchmoney) and interior design teams, this teammate will work with the Art Director, Head of Art & Graphics, and interior design team to create unique installation work in our shared office spaces all over the region. He/she will be designing and producing everything from wayfinding graphics, to hand painted murals, to custom wallpaper patterns and neon signage. A significant part of the work will be installation-based. Strong hands-on art and design skills are required — i.e. painting, drawing, or other means of creating design in physical spaces, as well as using tools, ladders, etc. He/she must have a strong background in traditional graphic design in order to take on occasional in-house initiatives.
Previous managing experience is a must. The senior designer will assist in managing relationships with vendors and manufacturers, ensuring the ordering and organization of materials and samples, and interfacing with freelancers and artists. Being able to quickly reference a vendor or manufacturer, find a sample of a material, or point to an installation process is just as important as the conceptual aspect of each design.
- Reports to the Head of Art & Graphics, while working with Art Director and Interior Designers to execute the overall design intent for each space.
- Stay up to date with contemporary art, graphic, and interior design trends
- Be an engaged member of both the graphic design and interior design team. Bring fresh ideas to meetings and be willing to go the extra mile to help team members.
- Manage personal work flow and schedule.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of art and design principles.
- 5+ years experience in professional graphic design field
- Previous managing experience
- Clear communicator and efficient designer
- Strong interest in interior design, art, and installation design.
- Very proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign)
- Comfortable translating design into physical installation work via hand-painting, spray paint, stenciling, wheatpasting, etc.
- Able to reference past WeWork projects and the overall brand aesthetic while creating work for new WeWork spaces.
- Fluent in English
Who You Are:
- Creative, adventurous, hungry; ready to roll your sleeves up to get dirty
- Passionate about collaborating and putting out the absolute best work
- Great at managing productivity and your own projects
- You have impeccable taste in all things design and art
- An interest in interior design, installation graphics and large scale artwork
- Great sense of humor
WeWork is the platform for creators, providing more than tens of thousands of members around the world with space, community and services that enable them to do what they love and create their life’s work. Our mission is to create a world where people work to make a life, not just a living, and our own team members are central to that goal.
The WeWork team believes deeply in the power of “we” and in the movement we’re a part of. We challenge convention and achieve amazing things through dedication and collaboration. There is a contagious energy in our spaces as we work together toward accomplishing our goals.
Our hunger for building great spaces; empowering startups, freelancers, and small businesses; and connecting interesting people is far from being satisfied. We’re just getting started, and our journey gets increasingly exciting as more team members join the movement!
Below are the values that guide who we are and everything that we do.
We do what we love and are connected to something greater than ourselves.
We are creators, leaders and self-starters. We try new things, we challenge convention, and we’re not afraid to fail.
We are genuine to our brand, mission and values. We’re not perfect and we don’t pretend to be. We are, though, always honest and as transparent as we can be.
We never settle. We get sh*t done and we get it done well. We’re persistent and knock down walls—literally if we have to.
We are grateful for each other, our members, and to be part of this movement. We don’t take success for granted. We’re happy to be alive.
We are in this together. This is a team effort. We always look out for one another. We value empathy; we know we’re all human, and know we can’t do any of this alone.