Under the direction of the Senior Project Designer, the Senior Designer will be responsible for the initial design conception, technical development and execution of assigned project phases and assembly and maintenance of related documents. The Senior Designer is expected to perform at an advanced level as a result of their extensive training and/or experience.
The Senior Interior Designer reports to the Partners and Senior Project Designer. The Designer and Junior Design positions may take direction from the Senior Designer on design project related matters.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assume a lead role in design presentations in communicating directly with clients and ensure that format is compatible with office and client standards/requirements.
• Conceptualize design direction for overall project and communicate to the project team.
•Coordinate design direction and in conjunction with the project manager the management of outside consultants.
•Communicate project status to Design Director on a regular basis and develop and maintain communication with all project team members.
•Attend site meetings and assist in the process of reviewing properties along with the project manager.
•Review and understand with professional proficiency detailed construction documents including floor plans, elevations and sections, electrical details, schedules (finish, plumbing, door, fixture), furniture floor plans, FF&E specifications, materials and finishes to determine compliance in areas of quality, code and design.
•Focus on service delivery while monitoring the status of assigned project tasks against the project schedule and participate on quality reviews of projects.
•Direct education of Designers and Junior Designers in office standards and polices.
OTHER IMPORTANT DUTIES:
• Participate in maintaining relationships with existing clients and nurture relationships with potential new clients.
• Participate in the establishment and maintenance of design standards for the firm.
• Keep abreast of new hospitality industry trends that may influence design scheme.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Provide senior level technical aptitude when formulating designs parameters and executing design work.
• Ability to establish logical action plans to complete work and provide technically sound solutions within deadline and budget constraints.
• Strong comprehension of hospitality design and products.
• Solid background in interior architecture and FF&E.
• AutoCAD proficiency.
• Experienced presentation skills.
• Must have strong organizational skills and be able to handle multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines consistently.
• Ability to perform efficiently in a fast-paced, deadline oriented environment.
• Exceptional customer-focus with an emphasis on relationship building.
• Strong ability to resolve issues utilizing sound judgment and reasoning skills.
• Professional, ethical and committed to excellence in communications.
• Ability to collaborate and work effectively with other co-workers, departments or business units.
• Assertive and motivated to generate results.
• Ability to work independently and take initiative in identifying and resolving problems utilizing sound judgment and reasoning skills.
• Exceptional time management skills.
• Ability to employ creative and innovative thought processes.
• Ability to be flexible and adaptable.
• Ability to exercise and employ effective leadership skills and influence others across functions.
• Ability to effectively train and motivate other staff members.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, Outlook, Design Manager, Photo Shop, In-Design and/or equal programs.
• Ability to travel up to 25%.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Minimum of 8 years hospitality design experience preferred. Two or four year degree from an accredited interior design program preferred.