Float Studio is a rapidly growing interior architecture and design firm. We focus on creating spaces for start-ups, tech companies, and other creative agencies.
ROLE: The Senior Designer will be a dynamic interior designer with strong drafting capabilities, working on all stages of interior architectural projects, focused on commercial spaces.
YOU ARE: You think on your feet, are organized, and friendly. You work well under pressure and take initiative. You are a self-starter and don’t need constant instruction. You work confidently in Vectorworks (or AutoCAD,) SketchUp, and the Adobe Creative Suite. You have an eye for detail and the ability to describe what you want. You are an expert updating and managing project budgets. You are not afraid to get your hands dirty. You have an encyclopedic product knowledge of FF & E and specify them regularly. You are ready to take your skills to the next level and start working on some of the most exciting commercial interior projects.
- Manage all aspects of interior design projects under direction from partners
- Develop design presentations clearly communicating concept, furniture and material selections throughout all stages of the project.
- Develop detailed plans and elevations for client presentation and construction
- Manage project budget, tracking and updating continuously
- Communicate project progress and updates to clients regularly
- Place and track all orders
- Arrange product delivery and installation
- Manage design assistants
- 5+ Years of experience in commercial or residential design
- BA or MA from accredited architecture program
- Comprehensive knowledge architectural drawing standards
- Familiarity with Vectorworks and 3D rendering programs with the ability to learn a new program prior to start
- Ability to stay organized between multiple projects
- Effective communicator between managers, clients, consultants and vendors
- Experience managing project budgets
- Experience placing and tracking orders and coordinating installations
- Exceptional presentation and graphic abilities
- Experience in construction administration and its related duties
- Ability to work within short deadlines
- Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. without visa sponsorship at this time
Please send work samples, resume, and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the desired role as the subject line.