New York City based interior design firm is seeking a Senior Designer. Senior Designer will be responsible for directing and managing the design of complex, large-scale residential mix-use projects through initial master planning and design development. They will also be assisting in the overall marketing and new business development effort in new and existing sectors.
Candidates must have comprehensive drafting skills, excellent interpersonal and management abilities, strong organizational capabilities, and enjoy working in a team-oriented environment.
The ideal candidate must meet the following qualifications:
- Minimum 7 years of professional experience of residential design in the NYC market
- Concept design and 3D sketching
- Be comfortable communicating with clients and conducting design presentations
- Be able to coordinate interior design elements with architectural backgrounds, and communicate with other trades
- Design aesthetic should be in line with Whitehall work
- Experienced sourcing materials and interacting with vendors. Existing relationships with vendors is a plus
- Experience with managing junior design staff
- Background in autocad – produce design drawings
- Understanding of creating a set of construction drawings
- A keen sense of interior millwork and stone detailing as it relates to design as well as functionality a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Team management skills
- Candidate should be prepared to work within tight deadlines
Please send your cover letter, resume and portfolio to email@example.com with the subject Senior Designer Please include your salary requirement in your cover letter.
Please send all resumes and portfolios to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject Project Manager.