Young Projects seeks a talented, motivated architectural designer with 4-6 years experience to work on a variety of interesting and demanding projects located in the NYC region and abroad.
- Graduate of an accredited university with a professional degree in architecture (BArch or MArch)
- Minimum of (4) years working in design-driven architectural firms
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Strong knowledge of detailing, assemblies, and typical construction practices
- Ability to produce comprehensive, rigorously coordinated construction document sets including unusual or atypical custom aspects
- Strong organizational skills and drive to see tasks through to completion
- Ability to work collaboratively and successfully develop design concepts (both your own and those of other office members)
- Experience managing consultants
- Experience with NYC zoning, building codes, and permitting processes
- Experience managing junior-level architects and interns
- Experience interacting with and managing clients
- Full proficiency in AutoCAD, Rhino, Grasshopper, VRay and Adobe CS
- Full English fluency and experience with writing and editing technical professional text, as well as text for publication
All candidates should submit a resume/CV and portfolio of architectural work to firstname.lastname@example.org. Email attachments should not exceed 5MB. The subject line of your email should follow the format “Senior Designer Application – FirstName LastName”. Please do not call or visit the office in person; physical work samples will not be accepted.