REVIT BASED ARCHITECTURAL JOB CAPTAIN
MONTALBA ARCHITECTS, INC., is a design-focused and high-service architectural practice based in Santa Monica, California with a satellite office in Lausanne, Switzerland. We work with a wide range of local and international clients and our body of work consists of private residences, boutique retail stores, hospitality and commercial projects.
Our LA office is centered within the Bergamot Station Art campus in Santa Monica; amongst art galleries and the newly opened Metro Expo line station. We have a studio-like atmosphere where individuals can focus, inspire and learn from each other. We are seeking individuals that are excited for challenges and dedicated to crafting great projects together. We invite people that have high expectations for their own work, are good problem solvers and enjoy a collaborative work environment to join our team.
We are seeking a motivated Architectural Job Captain with a focus on Revit based projects.
- Completion of BArch or MArch
- Minimum of 3-5 years of relevant work experience in an Architectural office
- Organized, precise and attentive to detail
- Great verbal, written, and graphic communication skills
- Self motivated and enjoys a collaborative team environment
- Flexible and well-rounded to accommodate shifting schedules, project demands, and deadlines
- Detail oriented and self-motivated, with a working knowledge of construction means and methods
- Construction Documents and Construction Administration phase experience required * Must include examples of Construction Document sheets in submission
- Project management experience preferred
- Knowledge in Autocad and Sketchup
A candidate should display excellence in the Revit platform and construction document oversight for large, complex projects.
The primary responsibilities for this position include:
- Develop detailed Revit models for design and construction documents
- Develop and maintain BIM standards, templates, and libraries across projects
- Lead in BIM implementation and support staff in ongoing training
- In-house training and produce instruction materials
- Create custom families as required, expertise with Dynamo or flexible family creation is a major plus
- Implement materials and technical details
- Create high-quality construction documents
- Orchestrate internal teams on complex projects
- Permitting and agency coordination as needed
- Provide architectural quality control for drawing sets
This is a full-time, salaried position. We provide a competitive salary and a generous benefits package. We support growth within the office and encourage professional development. A successful candidate should have a strong interest in hospitality, commercial and residential work and a desire to grow quickly in knowledge and responsibility. With projects across the United States and throughout Europe, potential candidates must be able to travel and be actively engaged with projects outside of our California office.
No Phone Calls Please. Please apply by emailing us at email@example.com and add ‘Revit based Architectural Job Captain’ in the subject. Limit file size to 10 MB max, please. Montalba Architects, Inc. will review all submitted work and contact selected candidates for an interview.