We have an immediate opening for a Proposal Manager in our California Buildings District located in Glendale, Ca. Reporting directly to the Marketing Manager you will be responsible for coordinating the planning, development and production of winning proposals from start to finish, including everything from reviewing/interpreting RFP requirements; participating in ‘Strategic Visioning’ and proposal planning; managing and coordinating the execution of the Proposal Plan; coordinating and developing timely and correct input from proposal stakeholders; and overseeing / coordinating production and submission of high quality proposals.
- Manage the proposal process from start to finish to ensure a top quality, competitive and winning response to comprehensive Requests for Proposals and related documents. “Proposals” may include: Expressions of Interest (EOI); Requests for Qualifications (RFQ); Requests for Proposal (RFP); and Requests for Information (RFI), and request for quotation (RFQ).
- Assist with RFP review process including reviewing RFP requirements, development of proposal outline and timeline/assignments (Proposal Plan), and identifying questions, concerns and potential risks to inform the Strategic Visioning and proposal planning stage of the process.
- Coordinate and participate in the kick-off ‘Strategic Visioning’ and Proposal Planning session, ensuring that all key proposal stakeholders are represented; Champion / Chair meetings as necessary throughout the proposal process.
Translate a proposal ‘Vision’ into a compelling proposal layout and graphic design working primarily in InDesign (with full command of Adobe Suite), and creating compelling graphics and visual communication strategies, including strategic image selection and/or acquisition.
- Research the customer to understand their environment, politics, limitations, hot points and other factors that will translate to a response that wins; Coordinate with PCL client managers to secure all relevant information / intel on client to inform and shape strategic response.
- Assist with developing overall proposal strategy and apply that strategy to the proposal in a manner that is compliant with the RFP/RFI requirements and is consistent with Corporate objectives / policies / goals.
- Consult closely with Bid Lead to prepare a comprehensive ‘Proposal Plan’ including a comprehensive ‘Responsibility Matrix’ mapping specific deliverables to proposal stakeholders and to deadlines, and functional / technical requirements checklist.
- Delegate tasks among designated proposal stakeholders throughout the proposal process, and monitor progress with timely follow-up to ensure internal proposal deadlines are being met, with ability to assess stakeholder capabilities and deliverability of tasks and outcomes, and ability to know when to ask for help and to seek help as needed.
- Evaluate precedent narratives for relevance and applicability; identify new narrative requirements; identify which stakeholders are to produce which narratives; write and edit proposal narrative, as required; and coordinate with SMEs for completion of certain areas of the required response.
- Track and maintain communications among all team members (local and remote stakeholders), manage and distribute assignments via collaborative tools such as calendars, task lists as necessary.
- Assemble and review responses for compliance, accuracy and content, and coordinate / participate in review sessions with teammates/stakeholders to ensure the integrity of all documents and solutions.
- Act as a role model to other staff members, by consistently adhering to company values.
- Attend department-sponsored and other training programs as necessary.
- Other duties as required.
Bachelor’s Degree or experience equivalent.
5 -7 years’ experience in a similar capacity.
Experience working for a A/E/C firm required.
Design / graphic design / communications / marketing and/or visual communications background and/or education or related experience.
Superior project management skills with strong organization and time management skills.
Strong collaborator and facilitator who can readily adapt to differing team / pursuit dynamics.
Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects.
Able to readily grasp concepts, technical processes.
Self-directed, results-oriented, able to work under extremely tight deadlines.
Strong attention to detail, strong people skills, good judgment and strong problem-solving skills.
Knowledge of Canadian and United States government procurement processes an asset (specifically, experience preparing winning P3/AFP proposals for Infrastructure Ontario).
Proven ability to work effectively with senior executives and within an organizational hierarchy with people of different levels.
Outstanding communication skills (written and verbal).
Strong knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Adobe Acrobat, and Outlook.
Advanced knowledge and competency with InDesign as the principal layout tool, and with Adobe Creative Suite.
Please apply for this position on our website at www.pcl.com/careers
The PCL family of companies are consistently ranked among the best companies to work for, and we aspire to be the most respected builder, renowned for excellence, leadership, and unsurpassed value.
Let us help you build your Legacy today.
PCL is an equal opportunity employer.
Please apply at www.pcl.com/careers