Company Overview: ShubinDonaldson is a growing, award-winning design practice, staffed by 50 architects and designers, plus support personnel. Current work includes a diverse listing of projects ranging from ground-up mixed-use, multi-family and office; creative office interiors; core & shell offices; retail stores; to community centers and custom residences. See our work at www.shubindonaldson.com
Position Overview: A Project Manager has overall project management responsibility for multiple projects and project teams. They oversee all aspects of the design and construction process of a building project, from developing and reviewing plans to making sure a project meets aesthetic, environmental, zoning, and building standards. They are the main liaison to the client and is in charge of putting together or assisting the Senior Project Manager/Studio Director in creating the project schedule and budget. Responsible for the coordination of all project effort, administrative and technical, to ensure the most efficient and cost-effective execution of assigned projects. Collaborates with Senior Designer or Senior Designer on design studies and evaluation of design proposals.
12-15 years minimum experience
- Assist the Senior Project Manager / Studio Director in writing project contracts
- Assist the Senior Project Manager / Studio Director in soliciting RFPs from multi-disciplinary consultants
- Responsible for keeping track of all project deliverables in conjunction with the contract and stay within budget
- The Project manager oversee designs to meet client specifications, create and propose budget and time estimations, and act as an intermediary between client and the project team. He/she must also write reports and/or update the project schedule so as to keep the client informed about the status of the project
- Must be able to implement the basis of design and specs provided by the client by coordinating with the project team and spec writer
- Able to review consultant drawings for Quality Assurance and Quality Control
- Proficient and have a solid understanding of building construction and the different components
- Able to collaborate and resolve multi-disciplinary consultant issues without compromising the design
- Able to review drawings for Quality Assurance and Quality Control
- Able to implement and review drawings in conjunction with the specific standards inherent to the studio
- Ensures drawings meet the design intent
- Ensures the drawings are fully coordinated
- Able to delegate tasks and oversee the work of team members, providing support and guidance as needed
- Must assess available resources, develop and follow a schedule and budget, and stay in close contact with all members of the project team to provide clear direction
- Demonstrate project leadership by mentoring project architects and/or project coordinators throughout the process
- Able to monitor project progress according to contract scope and deliverables
- Work with Senior Designer or Senior Design Manager to resolve design issues with creative and practical solutions
Skills / Requirements:
- 12-15 years minimum experience
- Proficient and/or knowledgeable in Revit and ACAD process & implementation
- Experience in construction administration
- Experience working with different jurisdictional agencies
- Experience in implementing zoning, planning, and building codes and standards
- Strong leadership, organization, and communication skills
- Ability to lead and collaborate with the project team within the studio
- Able to manage multiple priorities and multiple projects simultaneously
- Licensed Architect
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture
- Ability to work cooperatively with others
Benefits: Medical, dental, and long-term disability insurance is offered to full-time employees. SD pays 100% of the above employee’s insurance! We also offer the opportunity to contribute to our 401k matching plan.
Submission Instructions: Those interested in applying at ShubinDonaldson may submit their requests electronically, noting the following requirements;
- In a single PDF attachment, include a one page cover letter, your resume, and no more than twelve pages illustrating your best work.
- PDF resolution can be optimized for quality screen view, and should benefit your work. Please do not exceed 10MB.
- Format the subject line as ‘[name]- [LA Multifamily PM]- [school]’ and leave the body of the email empty
Career positions are intended to be full time, and all applicants should have a commitment and the ability to work for at least one year. International applicants are responsible for obtaining the required documents and permissions for working within the U.S. We will be unable to respond personally to each applicant. If you have not been contacted after four months, you are welcome to reapply. No phone calls or walk ins will be accepted.
Submissions and inquires may be made to JOBS@shubindonaldson.com