Harrison Design, an award-winning, national architecture firm with a focus on high-end residential projects, is opening a new office in Midtown Manhattan to reach new markets and diversify our portfolio. We are looking for an experienced individual, with NYC experience, to help build our team. The NYC office will interface closely with additional team members working in the established Long Island office located on the North Shore of Nassau county.
The position available is for an experienced project manager with experience working on high-end residential projects such as apartments, townhouses, brownstones, & condos. An extensive knowledge of NYC DOB filing and apartment/townhouse construction are must haves. The appropriate candidate will have at least 5-10 years of relevant experience.
We are seeking a highly organized candidate who will be a key player involved in multiple projects from schematic design through completion. The primary responsibility for this position is the production and filing of detailed construction documents for NYC residential projects. Other responsibilities include zoning analyses, field-measuring existing conditions, and coordination with outside consultants etc. The ability to interact professionally with clients and other industry professionals in person, through email, and on the phone is highly sought after.
As a growing office, the potential for advancement is great and we are looking for a leader who will mentor others and direct a team by overseeing multiple projects.
- Professional degree in Architecture from an accredited program
- Proficiency in AutoCAD
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Thorough understanding of NYC Department of Buildings Filing process & requirements
- Experience in high-end residential work
- Ability to produce fully detailed and complete set of construction documents
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong technical drawing & presentation skills
Compensation for this position is competitive and will be based on experience and qualifications. Harrison Design offers full benefits including; Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, 401K, Flexible Spending Plan. We welcome qualified candidates to apply here as well as forward all of the following labeled with your full name and contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org :
- Cover letter
- Salary Requirements
- Portfolio of past work including examples of construction documents (please combine in a single PDF less than 10MB in size)
- List of at least two references